Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 03:18 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Sheesh, you can't catch a break. When you say Corporate, do you mean your original dealer, Jayco, or CW?
Camping World
Old 08-23-2016, 04:31 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
I think if you were to have a calm conversation with your dealer they would refund your deposit on the trailer or compensate you for the lost deposit on the trip. Not the Salesman but the GM or owner.

However I wouldn't just throw that out on the table. I'd stop by and ask for a meeting with him at a convenient time for him. I'd then explain the situation without animation or anger and guide him towards a decision while letting him think it was his idea. But then I have also been in sales all of my life as well and find it relatively easy to plant seeds, water them and make them grow to get what I want and make other people feel good about their decision to help me.

I spoke to my friend who is a Jayco dealer about your situation and his opinion was that your deposit would easily be refunded and the order cancelled in hopes of creating a positive purchase experience at his dealership.

He did iterate that as much as he'd like to know everything about Jayco's production schedules he too does have customer order than are delayed by double the normal estimate and that information isn't always readilly available and can also change in a moments notice should a supply of parts arrive at the Jayco factory. He talked about a situation years ago where there were no ovens to be had and that manufactureres were either builiding them without or were at the mercy of their suppliers.

Anyway, I'm sure with a calm head you can come to some decision with the dealer to assist either financially or getting the trailer delivered to you by a contract hauler.

In the end if you can't and the decision is down to losing a 1100$ deposit... i guess that is what it is... I'd rather eat the 1100$ than tradeoff on a build floorplan that I really wanted making a compromise I'd have to live with for 5-10 years. Sometimes crap happens.
My feelings exactly! I keep telling myself MULTIPLE times a day that getting upset or in someone's face about this is NOT the way to go and that continuing to work to resolve this is the best way to go at this point, but that little guy on my shoulder just won't shut up!!!

If it were just a matter of a supplier issue or such, I just wish they would tell me that and maybe we could work around it. I am more than willing at this point to be a little flexible but I am not willing to sell out just to get something either and if they think that is the case, they don't know me very well. That is why I have already offered to take an already built trailer that has some of our options on it already, make our trip, then bring it back to the factory in the spring when parts/pieces should be available, and they can install the rest then. But right now, all they told me is that they have been so slammed with orders for the Eagle TT's that 20 weeks from the order date (which is late Oct) is being "overly optimistic" and that although they are working on getting a new facility up and running to clear the order backlog, it won't be any help in our situation. No mention of supplier backlogs or other such things. That doesn't lead me to believe that this is simply a supplier issue but rather a true order backlog that they just are not capable of handling anytime soon. But again, am I being told the entire truth? Who knows. But as every day passes, I start thinking more and more about other situations like the trailer being almost a year old before we even get it and am I just better off by turning my current order into a 2018 order. Heck, at this point, if the only choice left is to just wait it out, I might qualify for EOY closeout incentives!!!!

At the end of the day, it is what it is and the sad reality of it all is that I have to play the hand I am dealt. But if it comes to the point (which is not that far off right now) where I feel I am the only one left in the game with a losing hand, I will just have to cut my losses, toss in my hand and fold.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #63

Odd development this AM. Got a text from our salesman wanting to know where our reservations were at in October. I called back to tell them where, but couldn't get any further info other than his manager asked him to find out. Seems something is in the works but have no clue what. INTERESTING to say the least.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #64

Reminds me of the Army. You'll be the last to know, but somethings happening at least.

The only logical explanation would be seeing if they can ship your new camper from the factory to your 'southern' location. I don't believe they charge you any more, or less, 'transport' is already included in the invoice.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #65

It will all work out. I believe for the most part they want to help you figure out a solution.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #66
Site Team

Usually the transport cost is determined by the distance. But that may not be their main concern at this point.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
It will all work out. I believe for the most part they want to help you figure out a solution.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I wholeheartedly want to believe that as well, and I REALLY appreciate what appears to be a concerted effort to find a resolution. It's just the non communication part that drives me crazy. THAT is what got us in this mess in the first place and hopefully, history won't repeat itself. These vague questions about where we are staying in Florida, doesn't help!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Reminds me of the Army. You'll be the last to know, but somethings happening at least.

The only logical explanation would be seeing if they can ship your new camper from the factory to your 'southern' location. I don't believe they charge you any more, or less, 'transport' is already included in the invoice.
I am glad they are working on something. But if their "plan" is to just deliver our trailer to Florida whenever it's finished, that introduces a whole new set of problems. Dang, I feel like at every turn, I can think of a number or things that might or might not be an issue depending on what they are working on, but without them keeping me even somewhat informed, it just isn't possible. This "one way street" stuff is for the birds!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1115 View Post
Just spit balling here, but would it be possible to have your trailer delivered to a different dealership closer to where you will be when it is delivered? Make the dealer bring it to you and take the old one with them. Just a thought.
That's exactly what I was thinking early on in this post. I think I would approach the selling dealer about this. It may cost someone a few extra bucks to get it to a different dealer, but I would see about the original dealer stepping up to the plate..

The other thing I would say is you don't want to rush this. I would NOT take delivery of the unit until it is completely finished at the factory minus the dealer installed options. I think by rushing them to get it by your deadline is asking for troubles down the line. I don't disagree with the ops frustrations, and commend them for being so patient. At this point id suggest the option above and see where that goes.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking early on in this post. I think I would approach the selling dealer about this. It may cost someone a few extra bucks to get it to a different dealer, but I would see about the original dealer stepping up to the plate..

The other thing I would say is you don't want to rush this. I would NOT take delivery of the unit until it is completely finished at the factory minus the dealer installed options. I think by rushing them to get it by your deadline is asking for troubles down the line. I don't disagree with the ops frustrations, and commend them for being so patient. At this point id suggest the option above and see where that goes.
I want to "engage" with the selling dealer and have made that perfectly clear yet they just seem to be uninterested in doing so which just adds to my frustrations and although I am so far able to keep my other "emotions" in check, that gets more and more difficult with each passing day.

In my apparently, "worthless" opinion, a MAJOR lack of communication by Jayco and our selling dealer got us into this situation in the first place. Had we been notified of the changes (or even possible changes) in the original delivery windows by just a week or two, this ALL could have been avoided.

But at this point, with their refusal to engage with me over pretty much anything, what choice do I have? However, on Sept. 1, it isn't just about our possibly losing our deposit any longer but other fiscal considerations as well as other problems that would not be an issue had there been better communication. Maybe I just need to drive the 60 miles to the dealership and stand in the lobby until someone talks to me!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Maybe I just need to drive the 60 miles to the dealership and stand in the lobby until someone talks to me!
Long ago (before internet), I had a mortgage company that was not living up to their part of the contract. So, the wife and I took up residence on a couch in their waiting room. We utilized that time to contact the entire branch and state management. Amazingly, we got what we had originally been promised and closed on time.

Fast forward to now.

Social media makes or breaks a business. It would be two hoots and a hollar to sit in the dealers sales/service waiting area and letting everyone know your story. Oh and the internet updates you could send to Jayco, Jayco Forum, Facebook, Yelp, etc.! What fun!!! Be sure to use the "check in" feature for the internet apps and take photos of all the dealership folks - not helping you.

Just let the dealer management know you are there until they rectify the situation.

You have nothing to loose but, time.

By the way, what is the name of this HORRIBLE dealership?\

<><
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #72

Call your LOCAL dealer if they are not (if not call another) Tell them they have a deal IF they find you one with your needed options. I would get my money back for lack of contract commitment . They have violated your agreement .
Get your money back and go to another dealer that has what you want in stock.
If not go to another brand that has what you want NOW!!!!
tshirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #73
Lost in the Woods

Cancel order if at allpossible look for other brand
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 PM   #74

I'm pretty sure you've answered your question already. You're not willing to spend another season in your current trailer and your new one will not be there until late October. I wouldn't compromise on your option list, I think if you do you're always going to be unhappy.

I'm fairly sure your contract will state the delivery dates are not guaranteed. Jayco and/or the dealer are most likely not going to reimburse the lost deposit. You might could talk them into giving you some extras for the delay - some kind of free upgrades or something. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Is it wrong? Yes. But this is fairly common in all industries. I can't tell you how many times I've had a builder say - oh it will be ready in 6 months. It's never ready in six months! My wife is right now waiting on a furniture delivery that they said would be here two weeks ago.

Cancel your trip, take a big breath, and wait for your new trailer.
Mart38655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:48 AM   #75

A couple of new developments. First, I decided to try one more time via email, to get them to update me on what was going on. The email I sent all but begged them to include me in whatever they had "in the works". With the only information I had, which was they were working on something, and that they wanted to know where our reservations were, was accomplishing nothing to let us relax and have any confidence whatsoever that a solution might be just around the corner.

THEN just a few minutes later, as I was poking around on the interwebs searching for any other 2017 330RSTS units that might be close to what we ordered, I actually found a trailer at a dealership in Alabama that had EVERY SINGLE OPTION we want, including the correct color interior!!!.

But of course, there was STILL an issue. This one has a few more options (grill, 2nd TV, king bed, camera, theater seating) that we did NOT order and would add about 1500.00 to the price tag.

So would it kill me if we somehow were able to get a trailer that had these additional options? Well, I really don't need the grill (have a Weber 1200), already have a backup camera solution, we were going to just swap the queen mattress we bought with the one in the new trailer, were going to mount our tv from the basement in the bedroom, and the theater seating is something we really wanted to stay away from because our current trailer has it and we found out we hate it. But in the end, if a "deal" could be struck on the pricing, it would be foolish at this point to say no.

So with no real expectations of them considering THIS trailer as a solution, I still emailed the link to our salesman. THEN about an hour later, we get a call from a person in the finance department at the dealership wanting us to call our bank and get the 10 day payoff on our current trailer. Nothing more, just that she had a note to call me and get our bank to give them that information.

So are they going to be able to get THIS one from the dealer in Alabama? Is it just coincidental timing and is there some other solution in the works such as getting Jayco corporate to twist arms at CW corporate and get the trailer that had some of the options we wanted and are going to add on the rest? Did Jayco/our dealership come up with something else? Why would they ask for the "10 day payoff" if they weren't planning on closing on a deal in the next 10 days?????? Don't ask me, because I haven't a freakin' clue!!! LOL.

I think back to my first ride on Space Mountain at Disney. Although I had been on dozens of roller coasters in the past, I was now on a roller coaster ride, in the dark, and freaking out because I didn't know what turn, hill, or drop was right in front of my face. Space Mountain has absolutely NOTHING on THIS "roller coaster" ride!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #76

This just continues to prove your dealer is the stumbling block. If they aren't passing the info on to you then hound the h**l out of your salesman.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
This just continues to prove your dealer is the stumbling block. If they aren't passing the info on to you then hound the h**l out of your salesman.
To tell you the truth Grumpy, I am not even sure my salesman knows what is or isn't happening, which might explain why I am not getting at least some additional information. The last time I talked with him he just stated that his mgmt. was working with Jayco mgmt.

But I think your right. Time to start rattlin' the cage a little harder to see what shakes out.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #78

I was able to talk with the salesman who finally clued me in on where we stand. I promised to not turn this thread into a B*)$# session and I won't.

I will just say that as of right now, the dealership is willing to have our new trailer delivered to Florida and haul our current one back when it is available. And after hearing and reading about others experiences with RV dealerships, I suppose I should be glad they are willing to go that far. My salesman did tell me that he would try and have his GM give me a call either later today or Monday to discuss the other "issues" that this "solution" is causing us.

It is what it is and I will wait until I talk with the GM to decide which way we are going to proceed. But right now, there is now absolutely NO path going forward, even with them offering to deliver the trailer to Florida, that will prevent us from losing anywhere from at least 500.00 to a couple thousand dollars. It also means I have to take their word yet again in regards to a "thorough" PDI being done before delivery, and that they can even get the trailer to Florida before next spring!

So although I have been blaming Jayco and our dealership for this mess, and after reading everyone's comments in this thread, I find myself now thinking differently. I have now come to the realization that I have no one to blame but myself for all of this because I was too naïve to know when I was being given assurances by those that could not back them up. This won't be a lesson I will soon forget!

HEY NORTY, it's not against forum rules to BASH MYSELF, RIGHT?????
Old 08-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #79
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
I was able to talk with the salesman who finally clued me in on where we stand. I promised to not turn this thread into a B*)$# session and I won't.

I will just say that as of right now, the dealership is willing to have our new trailer delivered to Florida and haul our current one back when it is available. And after hearing and reading about others experiences with RV dealerships, I suppose I should be glad they are willing to go that far. My salesman did tell me that he would try and have his GM give me a call either later today or Monday to discuss the other "issues" that this "solution" is causing us.

It is what it is and I will wait until I talk with the GM to decide which way we are going to proceed. But right now, there is now absolutely NO path going forward, even with them offering to deliver the trailer to Florida, that will prevent us from losing anywhere from at least 500.00 to a couple thousand dollars. It also means I have to take their word yet again in regards to a "thorough" PDI being done before delivery, and that they can even get the trailer to Florida before next spring!

So although I have been blaming Jayco and our dealership for this mess, and after reading everyone's comments in this thread, I find myself now thinking differently. I have now come to the realization that I have no one to blame but myself for all of this because I was too naïve to know when I was being given assurances by those that could not back them up. This won't be a lesson I will soon forget!

HEY NORTY, it's not against forum rules to BASH MYSELF, RIGHT?????
LOL, Only if your Amish.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
LOL, Only if your Amish.
Oh, come on. I feel bad enough without pondering that! I would have no idea how many horses it would take to pull our new trailer!!!