Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #81
Site Team

This sounds like the best deal they have offered yet. There likely will be no way out without some pain. But if it brings resolution then the peace of mind may well be worth the extra bucks.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
This sounds like the best deal they have offered yet. There likely will be no way out without some pain. But if it brings resolution then the peace of mind may well be worth the extra bucks.
At this point in time, I concur. But I won't attempt to address what will be the case an hour, day, week, or month from now. Past experience has proven that to be a fools game!
Old 08-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Oh, come on. I feel bad enough without pondering that! I would have no idea how many horses it would take to pull our new trailer!!!
What new trailer?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #84

I won't mention any dealer names but if its the one near me which is about 60 miles east of Lansing they have two dealers in Fl. They may deliver it to one of those dealers and let you do the PDI and final paperwork there. I would not get your hopes up with any kind of dealer trade, I could not find the model I was looking for last summer and two dealers said they don't trade. I talked to the midwest Jayco rep and he said the same thing, these dealers are not bound like auto dealers to trade.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #85

Three things I've learned from this thread:

1. The RV industry has some serious issues and could learn a lot from the automotive industry.

2. Make sure the sales contract has a firm delivery date with an option to receive a full refund on the deposit, etc. should the RV not be delivered in good condition (post PDI and needed repairs) within the promised time frame.

3. Walk away from the sale if the dealer is unwilling to make firm commitments in writing for any reason. Accept no verbal promises; get them in writing with what is to happen should the promises not be kept.

I so sorry you have to go through all this nonsense; you are far more patient than I am. I appreciate you keeping all of us apprised on what has been happening so that we all may learn from it.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
What new trailer?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hardy, har, har, har. Everybody is a comedian!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:57 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I won't mention any dealer names but if its the one near me which is about 60 miles east of Lansing they have two dealers in Fl. They may deliver it to one of those dealers and let you do the PDI and final paperwork there. I would not get your hopes up with any kind of dealer trade, I could not find the model I was looking for last summer and two dealers said they don't trade. I talked to the midwest Jayco rep and he said the same thing, these dealers are not bound like auto dealers to trade.
Nope, not the same dealers. Mine is WEST of Lansing by about 60 miles and as far as I know, is not part of any chain or corporation. And as for how it's being delivered, my salesman said it wasn't set in stone yet, but that someone high up, like the GM, might be delivering the trailer personally. Probably just wants a paid vacation to Florida!

And as for dealer trades, I found that out also. Although my salesman told me about his attempts to obtain a trailer from a CW dealership in Indy, when I asked about the one I found in Alabama that had everything we wanted, I was promptly and summarily told to simply forget about it cause that is not going to happen. I got the impression that he stepped over some imaginary line that he was unaware existed before now.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #88

Blu,

Your current dealer is actually a sister dealer with the one you started at, and two others as well. They all have different names so most don't realize it.

Hopefully things turn out well very soon!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Three things I've learned from this thread:

1. The RV industry has some serious issues and could learn a lot from the automotive industry.

2. Make sure the sales contract has a firm delivery date with an option to receive a full refund on the deposit, etc. should the RV not be delivered in good condition (post PDI and needed repairs) within the promised time frame.

3. Walk away from the sale if the dealer is unwilling to make firm commitments in writing for any reason. Accept no verbal promises; get them in writing with what is to happen should the promises not be kept.

I so sorry you have to go through all this nonsense; you are far more patient than I am. I appreciate you keeping all of us apprised on what has been happening so that we all may learn from it.
Jeannie,

If nothing else, my intent on starting this thread was to make others aware of what I am going thru because not only is it fairly uncommon for this type of drastic change in delivery windows, but what an average dealership may or may not do to try to "make things right" when they really have no control over the situation themselves. So with your reply, it appears that my intent to inform has been a success.

But make no mistake, there was a fairly large part of me that wanted to just "cut loose" on someone and you can't always judge a book by it's cover!!! But after locking myself in a dark room and having a few hours discussion with the little guys sitting on each shoulder, I came to the conclusion that I had to look at the "big picture" instead of a moment or two of self gratification. Who knows, being a believer in karma, my "good will" might just bear fruit in the future as well in regards to service or other needs at the dealership.

As for the industry having problems, I couldn't agree more. But even knowing what I know now after going thru all this, the one single thing that I personally just can't seem to get past is the fact that a company like Jayco, does not have some kind of notification system in place to give regular updates to their dealerships and customers, especially when such drastic changes in production schedules occur. Is Jayco that arrogant to not care at all or even consider how this type of drastic change might affect their reputation or their customers plans or have they simply just never thought about such things before? I sent a letter to corporate asking some similar questions that were tactfully worded differently!!!

In regards to requiring a delivery window "commitment", I would suspect that unless the vast majority of RV buyers started demanding such conditions and like you said, walked away when refused, that sadly is not going to change. But I for one will do just that in the future.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes.

Jay
Old 08-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #90

I've come to realize that one dealer getting stock from another dealer only happens if the dealers are friends and help each other out on a regular basis - and rarely even in that case.
The dealer with the unit you want has that rig financed at his local bank on a floorplan loan. It takes him time and paperwork to "sell" the unit to your dealer. He's only going to do that if he gets compensated - AND - he probably also wants a little profit. All that cuts into your dealers margin. Then add the transportation cost . . .
Just doesn't happen.
Still happens in the Auto industry occasionally because the manufacturers STRONGLY encourage it between dealers. But the dealers will still fight it.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Blu,

Your current dealer is actually a sister dealer with the one you started at, and two others as well. They all have different names so most don't realize it.

Hopefully things turn out well very soon!!!
I hate to say this, but I have wondered about that for a while now. There have been a few "suspicious" occurrences along the way that set off my "spidey senses" but I am just making notes, and setting them aside as coincidental for now. I might also just be a little paranoid after what I went thru with my local dealer, but because of these instances, it is also the reason why I have contacted Jayco directly at times to verify the information I have been receiving.

So I appreciate the heads up. Hopefully, they aren't leading me down some "path" because I happened to hurt a salesman's feelings by not just taking whatever numbers they placed in front of me.

But with that said, now that little guy with horns sitting on my shoulder is trying to convince me that the owners of this "group" have enough pull with Jayco that they have somehow convinced Jayco themselves to push back my trailer build as far as possible and Jayco themselves are complicit in all my issues getting this trailer!?!? Or worse yet, they never even submitted my order?!?!?!

NOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!?!?!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
I've come to realize that one dealer getting stock from another dealer only happens if the dealers are friends and help each other out on a regular basis - and rarely even in that case.
The dealer with the unit you want has that rig financed at his local bank on a floorplan loan. It takes him time and paperwork to "sell" the unit to your dealer. He's only going to do that if he gets compensated - AND - he probably also wants a little profit. All that cuts into your dealers margin. Then add the transportation cost . . .
Just doesn't happen.
Still happens in the Auto industry occasionally because the manufacturers STRONGLY encourage it between dealers. But the dealers will still fight it.
I have come to that conclusion as well.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #93

Go find another dealer
JayFlightJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFlightJoe View Post
Go find another dealer
Naw, I don't think that is necessary at this point. I currently believe that my current dealer is doing whatever they can to try and make this unfortunate situation as palatable as one can expect. Am I frustrated? Yep. Am I anxious that something else will go wrong? You bet. Do I currently blame anyone at this dealership for any of what has happened? Nope, and knowing what I know now, I actually think they are going out of their way to help where others might not.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #95
Site Team

I'm also sorry you are having to go thru all thus mental anguish. I hope us reading and following your logic and thought process can learn some lessons. An educated purchaser can set the tone for the purchase.

I have to be amused at the visual of you sitting in a room with all the little guys on your shoulder and all the littler guys laying outside who are giving advice that does not help much.

Anticipating a good ending for you.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I'm also sorry you are having to go thru all thus mental anguish. I hope us reading and following your logic and thought process can learn some lessons. An educated purchaser can set the tone for the purchase.

I have to be amused at the visual of you sitting in a room with all the little guys on your shoulder and all the littler guys laying outside who are giving advice that does not help much.

Anticipating a good ending for you.
Thanks Norty!

Just know that the feedback from this forum has been outstanding and has helped me cope with all this more than I think I could ever repay, but I will try. Even comments that appear on the surface to be less helpful in finding a resolution, actually reinforce my decision in regards to the direction I have chosen to take going forward.

I also hope that if what I am going thru, helps another to somehow go into this whole process with a little more "enlightenment", they can avoid what I am having to deal with.

As for those little guys on my shoulder, it's my way of just bringing a little light humor into a situation where there is none. To do otherwise, is just asking for things to get worse. But let me also note that in case anyone is worried about my sanity, all I can do is to quote Sheldon Cooper, "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested".
Old 08-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #97

Biggest lesson I learned from this thread is to order the trailer 6 months in advance to when you'll need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Biggest lesson I learned from this thread is to order the trailer 6 months in advance to when you'll need it.
...or buy out of dealer stock!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #99
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
...or buy out of dealer stock!

Murff
If you can get what you want.