Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #1

Unhappy Marker Lights Out on 28BHS...

Hey Everyone,

Let me start out and say that I really appreciate all the people and info on this forum. We're new to RVing and you've all been a HUGE help! We're out this weekend in our 2011 28BHS enjoying the beautiful scenery, but we ran into an issue as we headed out last evening. For some reason, the marker, side, and continously lit tail lights are no longer lit when our TV has it's lights on. They worked fine before on a few trips we've a had so far. Tried plugging and unplugging the 7-pin several times to no avail. Going to check fuses this afternoon, and wouldn't you know it, I left my Fluke at work! Any other ideas on fixing or things to check? Thanks!
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #2

Hey there Forgvn77! Welcome to the forum! Hate your first post is a problem, but hopefully some folks on here can help you out!

So if you own a Fluke (as do I!), I assume you have some electrical experience. This is how I would check if you are comfortable --

Make a small jumper wire with an inline or blade fuse (very important). When your TT is connected to shore power, you can pick up your 7 pin and jumper the charge wire to each light pin and check the lights. This should help narrow down if you have a TT or TV problem. Actually a 5 amp blade fuse fits perfectly between between the power and the tail/running light hole. I do that sometimes if we are somewhere really dark and the kids are running around outside so they can see home.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Site Team

I had this problem and it was a blown fuse on my truck. The lights were working on my truck which threw me off until I discovered there was a separate fuse for trailer lights if you have the tow package. That fuse was blown from prior use on another trailer and I did not know it. New fuse and I was good to go.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #4

Thanks guys! That helps a lot. That's funny cause one of the first things that came to mind was a blown fuse in the Envoy. I'll check the 7-pin and fuses and post what I find out. We'll be heading home tomorrow via daylight
Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #5

your towing that 28BHS with an envoy???? how is that working out? I wanted to upgrade the tow vehicle, and downsize it at the same time. Currently using my old 98 expedition, and was looking to get something with better fuel economy. I was of the impression if I went to an "envoy" type vehicle I would be a little too small to pull our 28BHS.....I'm interested in your towing sucess.....
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #6

Finally have a chance to get back on here after a crazy busy week! Haven't had a chance to check the Envoy fuses yet, but that's on tap for today. To answer your question ACA6151, the Envoy works, but with some caveats. I'm seriously impressed with it as a tow vehicle overall. The thing was obviously designed to be a great TV and it shows. It'll haul our 28BHS across Iowa with little trouble, but it struggles on serious hills. No way would I think about taking it through mountains or what not. I live in Iowa so I can get away with it Mileage? Well, since we're at the upper end of it's abilities, it's not so hot. I get between 6-10 mpg depending on how windy it is. I'm running with an Equalizer BTW and have been impressed with it's performance although I've run into slippage issues with the L-brackets that others have had her. I'm going to end up drilling holes through the A-frame to fix it. The Envoy really shines for us when we're not using it as a TV as well, getting 18-19 mpg combined city and highway which is better than a pickup or other large SUV
Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #7

Yep, fuse #42 in the fuse box underneath the rear seat on the drivers side of Envoy. That was the culprit. Problem fixed! Turns out this is a common issue with Envoys and Trailblazers, but not easy to diagnose the first time since trailer fuses are split up between two fuse boxes, one under the hood, and another under the rear seat.