Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #61

When we ordered this 10" memory foam mattress two years ago, it was $299 plus tax. A little risky cuz who buys a mattress sight unlaid upon, lol. We did. We loved it. It's also an RV/short queen for $239. We took it out of the rv we traded in. Still have it but don't need it cuz the Serta that came with our fifth wheel is excellent.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
When we ordered this 10" memory foam mattress two years ago, it was $299 plus tax. A little risky cuz who buys a mattress sight unlaid upon, lol. We did. We loved it. It's also an RV/short queen for $239. We took it out of the rv we traded in. Still have it but don't need it cuz the Serta that came with our fifth wheel is excellent.
Sorry, forgot the amazon link, lol.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088YUYF6...ing=UTF8&psc=1
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #63
L&G

Mattresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Sorry, forgot the amazon link, lol.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088YUYF6...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I looked at that mattress before and was concerned about the mold comment and the info that the manufacturer told the customer it was because she had the mattress on a plywood base, not a ventilated base. Has anyone had mold problems on their mattresses?
L&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #64

Go full replacement. King size Mattress in our new
Jayco 2018 North Point was lumpy and very
uncomfortable as well.
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #65

We do an air mattress over camper mattress, sleep like a baby!
brettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #66

I consider a good night's sleep VERY important.. As someone mentioned, a topper is lipstick on a pig as the crappy mattress just continues to degrade underneath.. I never used the Jayco supplied mattress. All I had to do was sit on it for two minutes to determine it had to go.. Bought a Brentwood Homes 11" memory gel mattress and never looked back. We like it so much we bought one for the house as our nightly mattress. Sure, it was an investment, but well worth it IMO.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #67

We purchased a 2018 Jay Flight 34RSBS a year ago in May and was disappointed with the mattress that was in it as it sagged where we slept and just got worse each night we slept in it. We recently purchased a new mattress in a box which we had also done with our 2009 Eagle. Now we are sleeping through the night and not getting up in the morning with back pain.
Smitty1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #68

This has got to be the most watched thread since "Oh woe is me Jayco quality is bad".

I get a kick out of all the "mattress in a box" comments. We have a local mattress dealer whose slogan on TV is "We sell mattresses for less......a LOT less". He advertises quality equal to MIAB, but at half the price and he even delivers and sets it up and you don't have to throw out the box.

My other amusement is some need a new bed and others love their topper. It just shows to go you that we all have different tastes.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
It really all comes down to a personal choice. Plus, what is the condition of your back and how many pills do you need to take every day.

Truthfully, being out in the woods I sleep better in my 1964 RV's 2" thick mattress than I do at home in my $3,000.00 sleep number bed that I overpaid for. (Of course at home I have to listen to the next door neighbor's freeking &*^%$ dog barking, but that's another story).

Buy whatever you are happy with, and don't listen to other's suggestions because they aren't you. Some people aren't happy until they own a BMW, and for whatever reason others are satisfied with a Hyundai.
I thought maybe I was the only one that can't stand barking dogs. For as many people that have dogs that bark constantly for no reason I was beginning to think it was like soothing music to their ears!
windywy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:18 AM   #70

Thickness of mattress in pop up

Apologies for being in the wrong thread but the subject line attracted my attention.

While I do like a firm mattress, I don't like it too hard. This is what I found with the 2017 pop up we have. We did buy a topper over the winter but haven't had a chance to try it yet. As much as I like the suggestion of a new mattress, my concern is it fitting when the roof is down. Is there any give in that sense?
jmbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:05 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbmoore View Post
Apologies for being in the wrong thread but the subject line attracted my attention.

While I do like a firm mattress, I don't like it too hard. This is what I found with the 2017 pop up we have. We did buy a topper over the winter but haven't had a chance to try it yet. As much as I like the suggestion of a new mattress, my concern is it fitting when the roof is down. Is there any give in that sense?
When we first got our pop-up, I spent one camping trip on what was probably the original foam (14 years old). I spent the week trying to get comfortable as my 230# frame kept digging into the plywood base. I went to a local upholstery shop and we spent some time laying foam on their cement floor and me lying down on it. We found some high quality foam that was giving enough, but didn't allow me to bottom out. It fit into the original cover (which they put on the new foam and threw out the old foam) and we were good to go (kids still slept on the old one on their side).

The pop-up probably won't close if the topper is on, you may have to roll it up and store it while traveling.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:11 PM   #72

We got a high quality topper, memory foam, and have been happy with it.
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #73

We didn't even try our 4" mattress in our new Jayflight, we just pulled the trigger on a new 10" Zinus off of Amazon (~$250). You can save $100 going to 8", but honestly we are moving up from camping and having a comfortable foam mattress is totally worth it. Minor downside is that it's heavy (65 lbs.) but we were fortunate that the additional tongue weight isn't an issue for us. Now we are trying to figure out a way to make it easier to access under-bed storage without bench pressing a 65# mattress every time we want to access it!
bchandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchandle View Post
We didn't even try our 4" mattress in our new Jayflight, we just pulled the trigger on a new 10" Zinus off of Amazon (~$250). You can save $100 going to 8", but honestly we are moving up from camping and having a comfortable foam mattress is totally worth it. Minor downside is that it's heavy (65 lbs.) but we were fortunate that the additional tongue weight isn't an issue for us. Now we are trying to figure out a way to make it easier to access under-bed storage without bench pressing a 65# mattress every time we want to access it!
Bed lifts..

https://www.campingworld.com/heavy-b...iABEgIx5fD_BwE

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchandle View Post
Search this forum. There was an awesome thread a while back that showed all the particulars on how to do it. I followed that thread and my forward bed now takes a finger to get it up, and it stays up by itself.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote