Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #1

MBH Models at an RV show?

We are pretty set on the 23/24MBH model, but would really like to walk through it before purchasing (obviously). I have heard from some that this model hasn't been showing up at the shows. We will be going to the Cleveland, Ohio show in January to finalize our decision and wanted to know if anyone who has gone to a recent show has noticed the MBH. Local dealerships (less than an hour from my house) do not have one in stock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Dinger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #2

We got a 23mbh from a showroom last year. We love it. The ONLY thing I regret and regret BIG was we got the one IN the showroom and didn't realize/think about it at the time. It doesn't have the skylight over the kitchen. This makes the camper quite dark inside. If you go 23mbh I highly recommend the elite package simply for that skylight.
It bugs me that much that when its outta the 2 year warranty I'm going to put one in, by pro, or me if I can't get someone to do it. Cutting into a 1 year old roof is enough to give nightmares, so again, get that package. Other than that- the layout is great esp for fan w 2 kids.
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #3

If you have any other Qs about this model I be happy to answer best I can
Old 10-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkin View Post
We got a 23mbh from a showroom last year. We love it. The ONLY thing I regret and regret BIG was we got the one IN the showroom and didn't realize/think about it at the time. It doesn't have the skylight over the kitchen. This makes the camper quite dark inside. If you go 23mbh I highly recommend the elite package simply for that skylight.
It bugs me that much that when its outta the 2 year warranty I'm going to put one in, by pro, or me if I can't get someone to do it. Cutting into a 1 year old roof is enough to give nightmares, so again, get that package. Other than that- the layout is great esp for fan w 2 kids.
x's 2. We love our 23MBH. We don't have elite package.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply! We will look in to the elite package. I will certainly be in touch if there are any more questions.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #6

We love our 23MBH, our only dislikes is that there are not enough windows or large enough windows. We made sure to get the Elite package with the skylight. We have a family of 4 and we wanted the smallest we could get a still have enough room.
briantax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantax View Post
We love our 23MBH, our only dislikes is that there are not enough windows or large enough windows. We made sure to get the Elite package with the skylight. We have a family of 4 and we wanted the smallest we could get a still have enough room.
Thanks for the info. It is on the list to check out!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #8

Retired Jayco RV sales guy. I sold more 23MBH than any one at our location. We were #3 or #4 in Jayco TT sales yearly in US. It is by far the best TT floor plan and quality in the market. Very good advice on the Elite package!
I suggest you just order on one the way you want it! It will be at a better price due to no flooring expense by dealer.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #9

Thanks Loboclobe! Can you elaborate on "it will be a better price due to no flooring expense." Do you mean that it doesn't take up space on their lot?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #10
Site Team

It is already sold when it arrives.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 AM   #11

Got it. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger51 View Post
Thanks Loboclobe! Can you elaborate on "it will be a better price due to no flooring expense." Do you mean that it doesn't take up space on their lot?

It means that the dealer has no interest cost, all RV s are paid for before shipping. Therefore the dealer has limited expense vs the cost of having the unit in stock for months.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #13

Does anyone with the 23MBH know if the Murphy Bed has a weight rating. (Mattress & person) I'd like to get rid of the Denver Mattress and replace with an 8" to 14" Memory Foam mattress, however these get pretty heavy and don't want to overload the frame. (I think the 8" foam mattress is 55-75lb that I'm considering)

Any insight would be appreciated
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Does anyone with the 23MBH know if the Murphy Bed has a weight rating. (Mattress & person) I'd like to get rid of the Denver Mattress and replace with an 8" to 14" Memory Foam mattress, however these get pretty heavy and don't want to overload the frame. (I think the 8" foam mattress is 55-75lb that I'm considering)

Any insight would be appreciated
I havent found a rating but the framing of the bed is pretty stout and the wall it hinges on is welded aluminum. I wouldn't be concerned about the weight. In fact I am doing the same thing as you in the next couple of weeks. The Denver Mattress is horrible.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkin View Post
I will say that I do not like a couple of things about the skylight in mine.

1) The plastic it's made of is extremely thin, I can't imagine it lasting more than 5yrs before it starts cracking.

2) In the summer it's a major source of heat load, even with the curtain closed.

I wish Jayco would have offered extra roof vents instead.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #16

Interesting.
I am kicking myself that we didn't get the skylight. Didn't realize the cons that go along with it. I do intend(someday out of warranty) to get on installed. A smaller one maybe, where I can put one of those insulating cushion things in.
Even a small skylight would make all the difference lightwise.
Good to know
Old 11-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger51 View Post
We are pretty set on the 23/24MBH model, but would really like to walk through it before purchasing (obviously). I have heard from some that this model hasn't been showing up at the shows. We will be going to the Cleveland, Ohio show in January to finalize our decision and wanted to know if anyone who has gone to a recent show has noticed the MBH. Local dealerships (less than an hour from my house) do not have one in stock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
I don't blame you for wanting to walk through one prior to ordering. I was in the same boat with the 38FDDS. I'm not sure I would have even ordered one without first walking through one in person. I live in central MA and there's only one dealer around here and they didn't have one. I called Jayco and asked for a list of dealers that would have one in stock in the northeast. They sent me a list, but the closest one was in Buffalo NY, which was kind of far to travel, but I was ready to make the trip. I got lucky in that we were going on vacation to Orlando, so looked up Jayco dealers down there and I saw that Orlando RV had one in stock. We were able to take the time on vacation to go check it out. I was completely satisfied with the Jayco compared to other brands with the same floor plan. We ordered one from our local dealer upon return from vacation.

Perhaps you can try to find out from the RV show website who the Jayco dealer is that's participating in the show. Give them a call and ask what they are bringing to the show.
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #18

Thanks for the feedback jloco. That is a good idea