Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2021, 01:06 AM   #1

Mice

I keep getting mice in the cabinet under my sink. They get into my utensil drawers but have not noticed them anywhere els. Has anyone has this issue and know where the point of entry may be? I own a 2021 Jayco 267BHS
Jayco267bhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #2

Mice

I've caught 6 in the last month (so far)! They get into my vanity cabinet, as well, and shred my toilet paper for bedding. I suspect they are coming in through the small gap at the base of my slide. I run an extension cord out that gap to power my space heater directly off the 120V on the electric pedestal. It acts like a little ramp for them. I have to pick up a copper "Chore Boy" to wrap around the cord and fill the gap . . . just haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's getting to be that time of year when the little critters are looking for a warm place to spend the winter. So, we'll probably hear several more reports like this. Best of luck in getting rid of them!
Old 09-08-2021, 06:58 AM   #3

Turn off the heater, maybe they will leave.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #4

I steel wool all openings in the floor in my 267BH - under tub where drain is, under bathroom sink. I haven't figured out how to get to fresh water tank hole....mine is under stove but that may be where they are getting in your unit. Also they may be coming in at shore cord if yours retracts into the hole to go back in your camper
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #5

Get a creeper or a big piece of cardboard and crawl under with a bright lamp. Use metal like the chore boy or other copper or stainless or in my case strips of aluminum screen wire to stuff every hole. Then caulk or foam in place. The caulk of foam will help stop bugs and critters pulling out the metal. Then go up and take out all the drawers and open all the cabinets or openings to find every opening coming up through the floors and do the stuff and foam from the top.

Then go back and find the places you missed, around wiring, propane lines, cracks and doorways.

Clean out anything that is or might smell like food. Keep traps and bait outside to catch them before they get in.

Do some research on the search bar above on MICE
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #6

Newbe here but in our previous Jayco, We used dryer sheets in every cabinet and space we could open and never had a problem with critters.
bbrauck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrauck View Post
Newbe here but in our previous Jayco, We used dryer sheets in every cabinet and space we could open and never had a problem with critters.
Dryer sheets are worthless. Just another snake oil. Your success is because you had no points of entry.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote