Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #1

Moisture Under Vinyl in Bath Diagnosing

Folks,

Trying to diagnose the source of moisture.

We recently bought a 2006 Jayco Flight 29BHS. Right after buying it, on the way home in fact, the vinyl flooring in the bathroom cracked from the tub to the heat vent in the floor and into the wall toward the storage under the bunks. I'm not hugely concerned about the vinyl as its as old as the camper. It's cracked by each vent in the floor of the camper.

In shoring the camper up, one of the leaks I noticed was moisture in the between the vent and the tub. I have already taken the access panels off and looked for leaks and the wood displays none of the tell-tale signs of leaks. In fact, it looks almost pristine.

The only moisture is coming from the interior of the camper. Also noticed moisture in the tub drain (never used it though.) I did put a moisture meter to it but the "digital meter" on my hand could already tell that it was wet.

Do toilets leak between the subfloor and the vinyl? Any advice for a newby?
eaglejfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #2

It seems that the AC is NOT the source. The only time the moisture is noticed is when the city water is on. I always use both a filter and a pressure regulator.
eaglejfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom floor, bathroom leak, leaks, newby, vinyl flooring