Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #1

More Modifications to my 154BH

I continue to modify and enhance my small trailer before my first road trip of the year.

The first, and easiest, thing I did was to finally put up a holder for my paper towels. It's a little thing but it will certainly help keep my countertops clear and organized.

I don't have photos, but I also drilled my first hole in the floor, through the entertainment center, and ran coaxial cable that will let me hook up to cable TV at campgrounds that offer it. I was able to screw a splitter to the frame to give me a mounting point. I need to go out and get some spray foam to seal around the hole.

Since I don't normally use the upper bunk, I found it was where I stored things, particularly clothing. I decided to turn it into my closet, but not for hanger clothing. I rigged a solid closet rod the length of the bunk and used a couple of those hanging storage shelves that I shortened. I can store clothing in them and slide them out of the way to get at other things I store behind them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beats Workin'
Glen Burnie, Maryland
2015 JAYCO JayFlight SLX 154BH
Ford F-150 V6 with Leer Cap
BeatsWorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #2

Looking good. Its nice to customize it to suit your needs. Enjoy
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #3

It's not exactly a mod, but when we had our 154bh we found the dining table to bed setup very uncomfortable. I got a 4 inch foam topper n cut it to size. It made a huge difference in comfort. Every morning I'd roll/bungee it up then put it in a bag I'd custom stitched from a new plastic tarp so it could go in the back of the truck when not in use.

Another mod I wanted to but never got round to was putting a cabinet door in the dining seat base closest to outside door. Easier access to an otherwise inconvenient storage compartment.
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote