Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #1

MORryde Step Above Handrails

Still anticipating production of our new Jay Feather 22RK first week of June. Ordered the MORryde Step Above option on main entry door, and when looking at trailers at a recent RV Show in Phoenix realized that it was difficult for Linda to get up the steps without assistance. I ordered the hand rail accessory for the steps and it said it was left side mount. Am wondering if anyone has tried to mount a second hand rail on the right side to provide more stability for her. It appears from the pictures on the box (came without any mounting instructions whatsoever) that it can be mounted on either side. It appears that if I mount a second hand rail on the right side, it should allow for the door to be opened while the steps are down, but not having the trailer yet, I can't be sure if that is possible. Don't want to order a second hand rail if it won't work, but may not have time to order it after the trailer is delivered and get it before we leave for the summer.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR AGIN View Post
Still anticipating production of our new Jay Feather 22RK first week of June. Ordered the MORryde Step Above option on main entry door, and when looking at trailers at a recent RV Show in Phoenix realized that it was difficult for Linda to get up the steps without assistance. I ordered the hand rail accessory for the steps and it said it was left side mount. Am wondering if anyone has tried to mount a second hand rail on the right side to provide more stability for her. It appears from the pictures on the box (came without any mounting instructions whatsoever) that it can be mounted on either side. It appears that if I mount a second hand rail on the right side, it should allow for the door to be opened while the steps are down, but not having the trailer yet, I can't be sure if that is possible. Don't want to order a second hand rail if it won't work, but may not have time to order it after the trailer is delivered and get it before we leave for the summer.
My steps have the same holes on the right side, but no built in nuts for the bolt to screw into. Also I’m not sure without looking but it appears like my door would hit the handrail if it were on the right. (I have 3 step version).
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021JayFlight28BHS View Post
My steps have the same holes on the right side, but no built in nuts for the bolt to screw into. Also I’m not sure without looking but it appears like my door would hit the handrail if it were on the right. (I have 3 step version).
Same with mine. No nut-serts on the right side and yes door would hit if on that side. However you may be able to add the nutserts and shorten the handle by drilling new higher holes in the grab handle? For now we took ours off as it seemed to get more in the way than good for us, at least for now...
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote