Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #1

Mounting TV in back of JayFlight 29QBS

I bought a 28 inch to put in the Bunk Area and I want to mount it on the wall. My concern is where the sticker is to put the mount seems flimsy and seems like there is no structure behind it? 2 inches to the left there seems to be a seem where there might be a stud behind the wall but want to make sure.

Does anyone have experience in mounting these and would know were i could get the Stud configuration so I could make sure I drill into a stud.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #2

The sticker was off on mine but I don't think you should be looking for a stud. Jayco uses a plywood backer between two wall studs for the TV mount. I used a stud finder to get the general area of the backer then used my smallest drill bit to confirm the location.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:43 PM   #3

From my own recent experience and other posts here I can tell you that the sticker is not always, in fact seems seldom, placed where the actual support is behind the well. I found mine with some very small pilot holes and trial and error. Not pretty on the well but I could not get my stud finder to pinpoint it for me.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

Another option would be to use construction adhesive to stick up a piece of plywood in the desired location, then screw in to that.
trailerCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #5

I decided to install a TV in the bedroom of my new 29RKS.
After a search, and not finding a definitive answer, on the forum or from my dealer, this is the very prompt response I received from Jayco.

"John,
Good Morning. The TV Backer will be ¾” in thickness and we suggest that you use no longer than 1” screws.

Kevin Stahly
Jayco, Inc
Technical Representative – Retail
Phone: 800-283-8267"

The TV backer was where indicated by the wall "sticker", confirmed with a stud finder. Used 1/4" x 1" lag screws to secure the TV bracket to the "backer".
jbrnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #6

The entertainment center in my bunkhouse had no guide whatsoever, but there was definitely nothing solid behind it. I wound up finding the beams with a beam finder and then mounting plywood to that, and mounting the TV mount to the plywood.
JoeTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #7

I tried drilling some very small pilot holes where the sticker was and it still seems really flimsy so I am going to go buy a stud finder tomorrow
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
framing, mount, stud