Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2015, 05:48 AM   #1

Moving On Up

After a few camping trips and then living in my 23 rb for 3 weeks while I came out of retirement long enough to work at a refinery outage I've bought a
2016 CrossRoads RV Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB

http://www.tristaterv.com/default.as...=xAllInventory

I had no huge problems with the jayco. I fixed a drain leak, a water leak under the sink, and now the toilet is leaking and I haven't had time to fix it yet. The screws fell out of the door under the dinette booth and I had to relocate them.

We decided we needed more room. My feet hang off the 74 inch bed and there's really no place to put my lab when we take him camping. We plan on spending a lot of time in the camper and figured we're not getting any younger so might as well be as comfortable as possible.

I searched my jayco dealer for a unit that suited me but none had an 80 inch bed unless I wanted to get into huge bucks. They had a jayfeather that I liked but no 80 inch bed and only a 6 cubic ft fridge.

Having to sell my 23rb since I got offered nothing on it for trade. I'll take a big hit since I've only had it 3-4 months, but live and learn. We thought it would be fine but I guess we couldn't really know until we used it.

Lots of good people here and I enjoyed interacting with all of you and the knowledge I gained. Great website.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:53 AM   #2

BTW the refinery outage isn't over so after a 10 hour day I had to pull the 23 rb in 130 miles last night. I pick up the new unit this morning and this weekend I'll take it back to the mobile home park where I'm renting a space.

Also with the weather getting colder I was going to have a freezing problem and the sunset trail has a heated underbelly which will help me a little with that.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:33 AM   #3

I have the same problem wih the 74"matress. I put a full size queen mattress from the local furniture store n my rig. I had to build out the bed with some plywood and added couple of legs made from closet rod for support. A little tight but doable getting around the end of the bed but a world of difference in comfort!
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAr View Post
I searched my jayco dealer for a unit that suited me but none had an 80 inch bed unless I wanted to get into huge bucks.
We have essentially the same TT layout AND a dog (Catahoula - about the size of a lab) and DH is 6'-2" so likes a long bed. Because the foot of the queen-short bed is the entertainment center, we've got a wasted 6" SO [1] purchased from the Costco store (more options online) a standard queen topper, [2] added a standard queen mattress pad, and [3] standard queen sheets with a duvet not tucked-in. We just finished a week in Yosemite and DH commented on how well he slept! BTW, dog's bed fits well under the table.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #5

Got it home. Pulled great even with the extra thousand pounds.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #6

Nothing's perfect. Back qd for grill is underneath so far you have to lay down to turn it on. The valve handle hit the qd sleeve and wouldn't allow it to open so I tried to bend it a little and the handle broke. Now I have a little nub left to turn it off and on.

The included grill that fits the bumper mount is junk, you have to lay down to light it. Not enough heat either. Too small for my stainless steel griddle. Only one burner. Says DDR on it. It's already in storage in my shop.

So I have to buy a new valve since I can't find a handle, am going to extend it out to the bumper so I don't have to lay down, and weld up something where I can use my old grill on the bumper mount. And extend the bumper mount since it puts the grill too close to the trailer to suit me and wife.