Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #1

Murphy Bed satisfaction 23MRB

I'm new to the forum, but looking at smaller (under 6000lb) couples trailers, I am spoiled by the amount of room in our current jay feather hybrid. A happy medium seems to be a White Hawk 23MRB. I like that it has a couch set up plus a portable table. The outdoor kitchen is a really nice bonus for our camping lifestyle as well. My main question if people are happy with a murphy bed set up? Is there any major disadvantage other than this Jayco has a shorter queen bed, but that isn't a huge problem for us. Appreciate any comments on Murphy beds in general and/or any weigh-ins on a White Hawk 23MRB specifically. Thanks!

rstalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #2

We went from a Jayflight 23 RB to the White Hawk 23MRB because we wanted more living space. It took a bit to get used to not having a separate bedroom but now we love it. It is just the two of us and occasionally the grand kids but we adapt well. After one trip we knew we didn't want to mess with tieing down the table so we took it out. We either use the portable table stored under the bed or mostly eat outside. We also carry two old timey tv trays to eat on if we want to. It is 1,000 lbs heavier than the Jayflight but pulls easier and I get a bit better gas mileage. Maybe the spread axles, maybe more air dynamic, I just know it pulls better.

Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #3

We looked at that one, but we were concerned with the lack of storage space. Also, it was more expensive than what we bought.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
We looked at that one, but we were concerned with the lack of storage space. Also, it was more expensive than what we bought.
Starting with 2018 models they have much more storage space. We were impressed at how much more space we had but we can only compare it to The Jayflight we had.
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

We have a 22BHM Murphy Bed Jay Feather. Absolutely love the Murphy Bed concept in this trailer. Our last 2 units had the standard front bed setup and after going to this Murphy Bed idea, we have no intention of going back. Great open floor plan with the bed up. Just as comfortable as any other rv bed when in use. I love the fact that we were able to get the same overall living space in a much shorter unit.
Anderson WD

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstalk View Post
I'm new to the forum, but looking at smaller (under 6000lb) couples trailers, I am spoiled by the amount of room in our current jay feather hybrid. A happy medium seems to be a White Hawk 23MRB. I like that it has a couch set up plus a portable table. The outdoor kitchen is a really nice bonus for our camping lifestyle as well. My main question if people are happy with a murphy bed set up? Is there any major disadvantage other than this Jayco has a shorter queen bed, but that isn't a huge problem for us. Appreciate any comments on Murphy beds in general and/or any weigh-ins on a White Hawk 23MRB specifically. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

We moved from a class B (no dedicated bedroom & small bed) to the 27RLS because we wanted a dedicated bedroom & queen bed.
Our neighbor has a TT with a murphy bed (some other brand) and they LOVE theirs.

Decisions, decisions! Happy trailer shopping.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #7

Jay Feather 7 18RBM here. Very happy with the Murphy bed. Moved up from a pop-up where I was crawling over the wife to get to the bathroom. No longer a problem, and a lot more floor space in a smaller unit when up. Wife pulls it down and puts it back with ease.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #8

Towing a JayFeather 23bhm and the Murphy Bed works out well for our needs. Up and out of the way when not needed and frees up floor space.
DW added a foam pad topper to the mattress but I thought it was comfortable as is.

NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #9

Love my 23 MRB's bed. Comfortable and out of the way. DW deals with it no problem while I set up outside...works good.
Swamp Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #10

We have a whitehawk 24mbh, love the Murphy bed setup this is by far the best, it has a dedicated mattress that folds when up ,but you can’t feel it when you lay on it . The mattress is about 6” thick and there is no need for straps when up our former flagstaff Murphy bed was not a great design, when the bed was down there was a 6” void at the head and you had to use straps to keep things out of the hole when up.. the pass-through is much better you can get chairs and stuff in and it is isolated from the interior

rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
murphy beds, white hawk 23mrb