Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #1

My additions

When I introduced myself I may or may have mentioned that I have sleep apnea, up until about 2 years ago my wife and I only went to campgrounds with at least power hook ups since we had a popup we didn't need complete hook ups but it was nice to wash dishes and such in the galley sink. I found out that my CPAP could run off of 12 volt power and the company that made the CPAP made a 12 volt adapter.

Just before I went to install it in our popup we decided that we wanted AC and really the only way to get it was a hard side. We got the 174BH it's small and fits our driveway. Anyway we have had it for a year now and I finally got around to setting up the panel that I got for the popup in it

We also put in a shelf above the window so that CPAP can sit on it and be out of the way.

The original plan was to use the back plate that came with the ports I ordered from (Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHH5YP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

But the loction I wanted it the material was so thin my panel popped right out. I bought wall plaque that I stained to look pretty close to the cabinet. I then used a hole saw the size of the ports when attached them follwoung the instructions I had popped out previously the bottom of the cabinet over the bed to get to the 12 volt wires there.

Once everything was ready I attached the wall plaque to the cabinet with machine screws, finish washers and fender washers insice the cabinet to spread out the the stress of attachment.

So far working as planned other than the LED's tend to be pretty bright at night they work with like a night light.

Just some of the little changes to make this new trailer of ours adapted to our needs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-1589.jpg   IMG-1590.jpg   IMG-1591.jpg   IMG-1592.jpg  
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:32 PM   #2

The more work you do on the rig yourself the more familiar you become and the less help you need from the dealer. That's always a good thing as long as you don't fry anything in the process . Enjoy!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:42 PM   #3

Looks good. I too have a CPAP, and have two 12v outlets near our bed. I have now added six 12v ports around the TT. I am thinking about adding two more. Just trying to get the motivation.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote