Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Nashville to Branson and Back

Nashville to Branson and Back

First trip with our 2014 Eagle BHDS. Overall trip was 1300 miles with 128 gal of diesel burned at average of 10.4 mph. Left Nashville via I-24 to Paducah. From Paducah across the Mississippi River was a 2 lane highway for 30 miles till you hit Hwy 60 till outside Springfield MO where upon you pickup Hwy 65. Both roads were 4 lane and light traffic. We spent the first night at Mountain View MO at Ozark Mountain Spgs RV Park which I would recommend for an overnight with full hookups and pull throughs. See first picture.

We had a short run into Branson the next day and the overall distance from Nashville to Branson was 474 miles.

The remarkable thing about Branson is the hilly topography. While driving down a hill during rain, the trailer pushed me through an intersection while trying to stop. Luckily no traffic.

We stayed for a week at ABC RV Park. All the sites are full hookup pull throughs. Nice facilities.
There were no “name” entertainers in town while we were there. You might want to plan a trip according to who is in town at a particular time. Most of the shows were “tributes” to various named artists. One great restaurant I recommend is White River Fish House at Branson Landing. Another place to camp is Branson Landing RV Park which was closer to restaurants and shopping.

From Branson we traveled to Murfreesboro AR, a distance of 270 miles via Hwy 65, I-30 and finally 40 miles of squiggle 2 lane road to Crater of Diamonds State Park where you dig in a 37 acre plowed field in hopes of finding precious stones. I can’t say enough positive comments about the camping sites. They were very large, paved and level with a picnic table, grill and fire ring with grill top. We stayed 2 nights but would have extended our stay if possible. See 2nd and 3rd pictures.

The return to Nashville was 452 miles via Arkadelphia, Little Rock, Memphis and finally Nashville; all Interstate highways except for the first 40 miles.
dennydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #2

We just got back from Branson also, You mentioned rain, I think we got there the same time you did. Two Wed. ago. We have always stayed at Compton ridge cg, but it has been bought out and is now becoming a members only cg. We stayed at silver dollar city cg across the road and it was very nice also.
Glad you had a great trip. We just live 2.5 hours away and go twice a year.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Crater of Diamonds State Park is on our list of places to visit . We enjoy going to Branson a couple times a year, but it's a days drive for us.
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #4

Crater of Diamonds is the nicest campground I've visited. Large private spaces. Nice baths and laundry. Swimming pool with water slides. A restaurant serving 3 meals/day.Plan on staying longer and chill. Reservations are a must and sites rent at a 25% discount to out of state old people. We paid $25/night.
dennydm is offline   Reply With Quote