Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

need a few opinions

we are looking at selling our 330rsts Eagle ,we just do not need this much camper,bought it new still smells new ,anyway

Looking at the Jayco White Hawk 27 RB any thoughts ,will sell our out right ( clear title) don't be shy !!
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #2

In my opinion the hit you're going to take on depreciation would have me thinking long and hard about downsizing.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #3

You know what they say about opinions...................

If you want the White Hawk, get the White Hawk.

Selling private you may be in the $37 - $39k range. if it works for you, then it works for you.

Keep us posted!

2018 Jay Flight SLX 195RB
2014 Ford Flex (retired)
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Dbl Cab 5.7L
Boooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #4
Wsw

We just paid 46,000 for a 2021 334rlok. Basically the same model just added an outside kitchen. We looked at used 2020 and 2019 rlok and rats. They were selling in the mid to high 30,s and pretty quick on rv trader. Seems like when I would call about one it was sold. Market is good so it might go quick. We just bought new cause I never plan on another one. When I can't go in this. I ain't going anymore.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:48 PM   #5

27rl

It's a sellers market!! Inventory is very low and dealers are having a hard time getting more! I just sold my 2019 24RL for $4,000.00 more than I paid for it! I posted it on Craigslist and sold the next day!! I suggest posting it For Sale and you might just be surprised like I was when it sold that fast!
Picked up 2021 Jay Feather 27RL love this floor plan and the modern Farm House interior! All the rear windows made it for us and I have no regrets!
Do what makes you happy!

Good Luck !
Rick
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
crl

White Hawk was good choice for us

My DW and I have a 2019 White Hawk 28RL. The trailer fits our need well. It tows better than previous TT we have owned. Quality has been very good. Not a single issue to date after over a year and many miles. As a brand and trim level, I would recommend the White Hawk.

I fully understand the desire to downsize. Sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know until after the fact, and it is very easy to get too much, or too little, unit. You should get a decent price for your used unit, not a new price, but a decent price. You might have to pay closer to the msrp than what we are used to, but if you can handle it, get what will work best for you.

Traveling in our RV is what my DW and I do once we finally retired. We enjoy it and don’t spend much on anything else other than the grandkids. If I was not happy or satisfied with my unit I would trade to one that better fit my needs.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #7

We have the 27RB.. we really like it but bought without touring one. the U dinette is pretty shallow which we didn't expect, and the foam cushions left me sitting on the wood. The trifold couch was ok as a bed but the couch sucked... we put in better quality foam and replaced the couch with a Recpro loveseat sized double recliner (best money I ever spent!). We love it now, perfect couple's trailer...
hankstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #8

The only way to find out for sure is putting it on the market and seeing what kind of offers you get. I'm guessing there is a price point at which your desire for the White Hawk would be overshadowed by the unpleasantness of losing your shirt on the current rig. Only you can decide where that point resides.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #9

We enjoy our 28RL, but have had a couple big warranty issues which I know each trailer is different on what issues arise. Some have had no issues while others have had more than their share. If you have gone through your existing rig, and have all the issues sorted out you may want to keep it. Warranties are generally covered, but come with great frustration at times. Something to think about. Not trying to steer you either way.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #10

Thanks for all the response ! not really concerned about loosing money on our 330rsts rig
Its a 2017 we ordered all the upgrades and we installed 3 solar panels on top ,we picked it up in Iowa we had it built the did a great job i even have some pictures of this unit being built (can see the Vin ) we do not smoke /and never cooked fish inside LOL.

my wife likes the lay out of the white hawk and the outdoor kitchen needs a queen bed ,and i donot like sheet metal sides i like a automotive finish ,i wonder if a second a/c can be installed in the 27RB I like to be cool we are in Alabama
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego View Post
my wife likes the lay out of the white hawk and the outdoor kitchen needs a queen bed ,and i donot like sheet metal sides i like a automotive finish ,i wonder if a second a/c can be installed in the 27RB I like to be cool we are in Alabama

Yes, we love the outdoor kitchen and the full queen bed (we replaced the mattress with a Costco foam one htat is awesome). If you want the 2nd a/c be sure to get one that is prewired for it... ours is, but as of yet we haven't added the 2nd. I will say on a HOT travel day, the single air conditioner can't get the trailer fully cooled down until it cools off outside. Once it's cooled off inside the single does fine... eventually we'll add the 2nd, but other changes were a priority for us.

Good luck!!
Old 09-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #12

oh, the bathroom storage in the RB model is crazy big and we use it all. The 3 pantries outside the bathroom really need some sliding shelving units to be easier to access stuff in the back, but the amount of room is great.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #13

Wanting to do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankstone View Post
We have the 27RB.. we really like it but bought without touring one. the U dinette is pretty shallow which we didn't expect, and the foam cushions left me sitting on the wood. The trifold couch was ok as a bed but the couch sucked... we put in better quality foam and replaced the couch with a Recpro loveseat sized double recliner (best money I ever spent!). We love it now, perfect couple's trailer...
We are looking at buying a used 27RB and also want the theater/recliners. I am going to look at the trailer this weekend. What is the length of the recliners needed? 58" or 67"? I'm looking at the Recpro site now. Thanks
Goliath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #14

Def the 58" the 67" is way too long. with the 58" we ended up with a couple inches of room on either side which works out well for tucking a few things in. Made room to hang a remote holder over the dinette bench to organize all the remotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath2005 View Post
We are looking at buying a used 27RB and also want the theater/recliners. I am going to look at the trailer this weekend. What is the length of the recliners needed? 58" or 67"? I'm looking at the Recpro site now. Thanks
Old 12-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #15

Thanks so much.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath2005 View Post
Thanks so much.
No problem... Here's a pic of mine. BTW, I have not screwed it into the floor at all, just set it there and after several trips it hasn't moved at all...
Attached Thumbnails
recliners.jpg  
Old 12-04-2020, 12:08 PM   #17

Yours has the same interior as the one I'm looking at. Is that the Toffee color from RecPro? How do you think it matched up?