Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #1

Need advice about towing with a van

Hello all, My wife and I have ordered a new 212QB. We want to take a tricycle and bicycle with us when we camp and were thinking a van would be a good place to transport them. Can anyone tell me about your experience towing with a van? Thanks in advance.
reddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddz View Post
Hello all, My wife and I have ordered a new 212QB. We want to take a tricycle and bicycle with us when we camp and were thinking a van would be a good place to transport them. Can anyone tell me about your experience towing with a van? Thanks in advance.
My van tows my camper all the time. It has plenty of power to tow my 35 footer jayco jay flight. It’s a 2015 Nissan NV 3500SL. Great van for the money and lots of space for all of my stuff.
esguerramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddz View Post
What kind of Van?

We went from Ohio to Texas to California in 1977 towing a 20 Ft TT, 2 adults and 3 kids using a van. (3 speed Dodge 318) Later bought a GMC Conversion Van 350 v8 pulling a 25 ft TT and used that for 6 years. It will work.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #4

We have a 2019 Chevy 2500 Conversion Van. This is the second van we have used to tow our travel trailer. The first one was a 1500 and though it met the specs (after I added a 2500 rear end), it did not have the power I wanted. The 2500 is an excellent van. We have bought conversion vans by Explorer, now on our fourth. We have had vans all our life but when we got into RVing we stayed with the van because it met all the specs and had much more cargo storage. Since we are "dog" people, we will often take another couple with us and none of the pick-ups in our price range came close to the van's cargo capacity.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote