Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #1

Need advice from 26bh owners

I haven't posted in awhile. The app will not let me log in; I can only read. (Had to use a computer to post this.)

We have a 2018 26bh with thermal package. I believe the 26bh is the only model in the Jayflight line that does not include heated underbelly with the thermal package. The underbelly is enclosed, but not heated.

Last winter, we camped in December (central TX), but left for home a day early to get ahead of a freeze.

If faced with the same situation again, I would like to stay if we can do so without risking pipes.

I don't think we need to worry about the water in the tanks freezing since it's a large enough volume of water. I do worry about the water in the pipes between the fresh water tank and the sinks and tub. At what temperature would we need to be concerned about the pipes freezing?

I'm hoping to get good advice from those of you who have camped in freezing temps in a 26bh.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #2

Our old 26BH had the enclosed underbelly. We camped in 27 degree weather overnight one and I had no issues. Now, if that sub 32 degree temp stayed around for more than a day, I'd start to get concerned. I did have an issue with the outdoor shower I believe was related to freezing. I'm not sure if it was an error in winterizing or just being exposed to freezing temps too long.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:35 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
The underbelly on the 26BH is not heated because the heat is not in the floor like the other floor plans, it has the two outlets on the sofa and in the bedroom. The pipes between tanks and sinks etc are inside the coach, so if the coach is warm, so are the pipes. Outside shower may be an issue. As for the heated underbelly on other floor plans, the heater must have to run often to keep it warm, not exactly big time insulating material
Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #4

Thanks so much.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote