Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2023, 09:10 PM   #1

Need advice on models where the a/c and bedroom are separate by bathroom

Looking to up grade and take advantage of the big 2022 discount. Looking at the 265RLS and the 267BHS. Like the layout of the RLS and dont really need the bunks. My concern is the a/c cooling the bedroom adequately with the it being separated by the bathroom. The BHS has bathroom in the rear. Any input on models with a bathroom between the a/c and the bedroom would be welcome.

Btw we like to sleep cold.

Has anyone added something other than fan to help improve cooling?
Attached Thumbnails
8B958D36-D5D6-42CF-949F-0E6F48A871E5.png  
BrownieNpadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:45 AM   #2

We have a 284BHS. The bedroom is the last thing on the duct from our AC. At first it was warmer than we wanted it to be but we added the RVAirflow in the Plenum and the outcome for us is night and day. It doubled the air flow to the bedroom and being only one vent it completely changed the temp for us. Also the AC is quieter than factory due to the insert. We do run a small fan in the main room and also one in the bedroom still to keep the air moving.
ChrisLoftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:27 PM   #3

��
BrownieNpadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:40 PM   #4

I got barely any air flow to the bedroom. I looked at the layout of the ducts at the plenum and saw that the air comes from the squirrel cage fan with force toward the rear ducts, leaving little air for the front of the camper. I’m too cheap to spend $200 for the RVAirflow, so cut a piece of 1/4-inch plywood to fit in the plenum and direct some of the air toward the front duct. It cost me nothing and the air flow is much more balanced. The bedroom is comfortable.