Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

Need help with a leak please

2019 JayFlight SLX 267BHSW. So far five nights this year (bought in December). Dry camping because of the cold nights. Tried everything out and took it to the dealer for some warranty issues. Put her right in storage about a month ago and haven’t done anything. Want to go for real this weekend so I brought her home to sanitize the fresh water system and fill her up for the first time. My only other trailer had an actual hose connection to fill the fresh tank exactly like the black tank flush connection. This one just is an opening to shove the hose in. Started to fill her up and a lot of water is coming out the full hole. Put fill side tires on the curb to help with gravity and slowed the fill water down.

Just to be sure I look underneath the cabinet where the fill enters the trailer and notice a leak. Long story short it looks like the fill tube slopes down from the fill hole for about six inches and then takes a turn upward. It appears the leak is water running back down the line and leaking somewhere. I assume it is leaking where the tube is connected to the outside fill hole. It is directly behind the stove so I can’t really do anything with it unless I remove the stove. I just went on Amazon and purchased the Camco fill tube hose extender, but I’m not sure it will be long enough to get me past the upward slope in the line.

Is it normal for the fill tube to bend upward? Has anybody else experienced this? How hard is it to remove the stove? Thanks in advance for the help.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #2

I have not examined my fill tube that closely as we always have city water hook up. If you can't get to the area that may need tightening, I'd recommend an appointment with your service department. Tell them there is water leaking, that may get you in sooner... maybe.

Our 2018 has had a few loose fittings that I've had to tighten. The water inlet on the toilet, shower drain piping, outside kitchen sink, and the water line on the inside kitchen sink.

It seems that if you're not working on it, you're not getting it out enough. lol
Old 04-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #3

Unfortunately, I do believe the fill tubes are commonly a little to long and you do have to fill the gravity port by pushing water up hill. I too have a Camco Fill Tube, with it have no issues filling the tank. Sometimes, I do have to limit the rate the water comes out of the hose, as it can spill back a little.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #4

Thanks

Thank you for the replies. I did get the Camco fill tube. At first it didn’t help because I figured slow and steady was the right way to fill the tank. It kept backing up and out of the tube just like before. Then I opened the valve full bore and it worked like a charm. Obviously there is still a leak, but I’m not letting the dealer have it for a few months just for that. Thanks again!

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote