Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #1

Need help with service question

Hi everyone, we are the proud owners of a 2015 jayco white hawk. Will be one year in April, first trailer ever. We have been in and out of service from the start. Started with little cosmetic flaws (moulding falling off, then screws coming loose, wood separating, front outs cap bubbling, counters seperating,etc) recently we had the front cap or face piece replaced because it was warped and caulking was separating. They said they replaced ithe, still a little warped however we noticed after the rain a slight bulge inside cieling right under outside seal. Took it in and they said there was no problem and at pick up in looked a little better...of course no rain for 6 weeks. Now we have had a few weeks of it and the cieling appears lower and much longer of a bulge. It's not horrible but we can see there are changes. Crawled up high and saw really outward caulking...could more experienced people give me their opinions? Unfortunately I have no idea how to post picks but the seam looks like a warped mess with 3 different kids of caulking
Attached Thumbnails
20170212_170153.jpg  
MDeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #2

Almost forgot, this trailer was brand new when we got it.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

Doesn't look good to me.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

You said... "... recently we had the front cap or face piece replaced because it was warped and caulking was separating. They said they replaced ithe, still a little warped however we noticed after the rain a slight bulge inside cieling right under outside seal."

Questions...
Did you buy the trailer new?
Front Cap replaced how recently?
Front Cap replaced under Jayco warranty?
Ceiling bulge began with the first rain after the front cap replaced?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #5

Yes, the trailer was bran new off lot. All thelse work we have had done has been under warranty. First warranty work started 2 wks after we picked up.
I notice what looked like warping on front face of trailer and seperating of caulking at sides. Took it in and they said they were ordering new front.and replaced it a few weeks later. After that it rained a few days. I noticed the bulge maybe 12 inches wide above bed so mentioned it when I took it in for other items( now trailer 6mos old two trips). Was told upon pick up ( 6 wks later , kept for many other issues) that they found nothing wrong. The bulge seamed pretty much gone so moved on. Took it out on its 4th trip this weekend and the bulge is at least 3 feet wide and definitely more noticeable in the same area. It has rained off and on over the last month. Climbed up to see roof yesterday and found what you see in pictures.
We love our trailer but seriously it spends more time in the shop.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #6

We picked up the trailer new last April so it's not even a year old.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #7

From your description, it would appear the warranty repair was done incorrectly and (at a minimum) needs to be redone. It's my guess water is getting in and causing the ceiling bulge. If the bulge is still there, take some photos of it.

You'll probably have to return to the dealer to see about getting it fixed. If the dealer isn't any help, you'll need to contact Jayco Customer Service to see what they say.

If water is getting in, you can't just let it go. Water is the #1 killer of trailers. If you wait too long, the trailer won't be worth anything to you or anyone else.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #8

Thank you, just wanted to confirm my train of thought was going the right direction. Called jayco service and the guy was really nice. He walked me through looking at trim and seals and wow...it's worse than I thought. Caulking at corners up side is peeling off and seperating. Metal corners are actually pulling away from trailer. It's so sad we were really excited about our trailer. I know from construction if there is water in there we are screwed. Even if we can make them fix it what's it worth , our plan was to keep it for two years as a starter and resale for a nicer model. We bought new to avoid all this.