Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #1

Neighbor in storage yard hit my camper

Hey guys-
I have 2 aluminum panels dented/scraped on a slide due to a neighbor. I'm assuming hey won't admit to it

I'm wondering if there's a good cheap place or way to get some aluminum instead of making a insurance claim?

I'm assuming I have to go through Jayco, but anyone know best way?
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

I'm pretty sure you have to order the new skin from a dealer in order for it to match. I have no idea of the cost though.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

I had a tire lose a tread and damage the aluminum skirt panel behind the wheel well. I contacted a dealer and they were able to get the part number, order the part and have it shipped to me.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #4

I know you probably don't want to but, I'd make a claim. You want the repair to be correct and have a warranty. Not saying you couldn't but that's what I'd do. There's a possibility of opening a can of worms you can't close. I really don't think it's hard work, but who knows what can happen. Give that headache to a certified shop. JM2C
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFD View Post
Hey guys-
I have 2 aluminum panels dented/scraped on a slide due to a neighbor. I'm assuming hey won't admit to it

I'm wondering if there's a good cheap place or way to get some aluminum instead of making a insurance claim?

I'm assuming I have to go through Jayco, but anyone know best way?
The neighbor might not even be aware of it. A few weeks ago I watched a guy with a big 5er pull out of a campsite making a hard right angle - rear of the 5er clipped off the utility post, but he kept going and never noticed it. I'm sure he found the damage later, but he obviously didn't notice it at the time. For that matter, he might never know what happened!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
The neighbor might not even be aware of it. A few weeks ago I watched a guy with a big 5er pull out of a campsite making a hard right angle - rear of the 5er clipped off the utility post, but he kept going and never noticed it. I'm sure he found the damage later, but he obviously didn't notice it at the time. For that matter, he might never know what happened!

Roger
I'm assuming this is the case too. There was still loose scraped paint on his camper so I'm guessing he didn't notice. Still sucks on my brand new camper
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:07 PM   #7

I'd file a claim with your insurance and file a notice with the storage lot. At some point, he's going to notice the damage and may decide you're to blame...seeing as how you have dents in your camper and paint on his that matches. Filing a claim and notice would serve as notification to all interested parties, and lend credence to your claim that someone hit your camper vs. you hitting someone else's.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #8

I would notify the storage and tell them you want them to notify the other owner that he hit your camper. Give them the chance to make it right - if they won't, go from there...

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #9

Ask storage yard if they have video surveillance
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote