Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2017, 04:37 AM   #1

New 2017 Auto-Levelling System

Hi everyone. My 2017 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS is slated to come off the line April 5. I ordered the electric auto-levelling feature. An earlier post in the forum stated that Jayco may have switched from the Lippert Ground Control TT (pictured in brochure) to the BAL LS 5.3. Has anyone taken delivery of a new unit with either system or have any experience or reviews of either system.

Looking forward to our new trailer arriving and some camping weather to be here.

Pint
Pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:44 AM   #2

I can tell you that ours has the ( BAL LS 5.3. system), ours just came off line the 29th and we will be picking up soon in Iowa . Long way from texas ..
here is a link to the owners manual
I have been unable to find any videos of this set up being used.

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ma...r%20Manual.pdf
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #3

Thanks. I'm guessing I will have the same. I can't seem to find any working videos either. I'm sure some will be available as people start using the new system.

Pint
Old 03-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #4

Hello. Been lurking on the forums for months. My wife and I purchased a 2017 Whitehawk 28dsbh. I added every option minus the 30# propane tanks, grill, and outside fridge. I love the auto leveling system. It is quite fast and very easy to use (intuitive). We have used it 4 times now and the only hickup we had was on one site. I use link blocks under each foot and tongue to give a wider foot print, but because the site was inclined a great deal towards the the tongue, I had to rehitch and remove a few so it could retract the needed amount to achieve level.

I do have one concern but so far it's proven to be a non issue: the leveling post behind the tires hang a mere 6 inches from the ground. I suspected going over speed bumps would be a problem but they always clear. I suspect because of the proximity to the tire, they contour the road surface very well. Backing up will offer no such protection so I put the wife on the radio and have her walk me back keeping an eye on them.

Over all, I love the system and have zero complaints. Makes setting up very quick. Also, it is much more stable when walking around in the unit itself.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:42 AM   #5

On a side note, the sanicon system is truly awesome too. Very fast, very clean. No gravity issues. If anything fails, there is a bypass to a traditional dump set up with the pull of a lever.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I should be picking up my trailer in a few weeks and I'll update on my system.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint View Post
Hi everyone. My 2017 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS is slated to come off the line April 5. I ordered the electric auto-levelling feature. An earlier post in the forum stated that Jayco may have switched from the Lippert Ground Control TT (pictured in brochure) to the BAL LS 5.3. Has anyone taken delivery of a new unit with either system or have any experience or reviews of either system.

Looking forward to our new trailer arriving and some camping weather to be here.

Pint
In our 2016 Eagle we have the ground control 3.0. We figured out two simple tricks that will make it level almost any where. Pull the pin on the front jacks lower about 7" put pins back in.We use two 4x4 under the rear jacks and its works good for us. Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
best L.D. Mtn 12-16.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #8

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
Hello. Been lurking on the forums for months. My wife and I purchased a 2017 Whitehawk 28dsbh. I added every option minus the 30# propane tanks, grill, and outside fridge. I love the auto leveling system. It is quite fast and very easy to use (intuitive). We have used it 4 times now and the only hickup we had was on one site. I use link blocks under each foot and tongue to give a wider foot print, but because the site was inclined a great deal towards the the tongue, I had to rehitch and remove a few so it could retract the needed amount to achieve level.

I do have one concern but so far it's proven to be a non issue: the leveling post behind the tires hang a mere 6 inches from the ground. I suspected going over speed bumps would be a problem but they always clear. I suspect because of the proximity to the tire, they contour the road surface very well. Backing up will offer no such protection so I put the wife on the radio and have her walk me back keeping an eye on them.

Over all, I love the system and have zero complaints. Makes setting up very quick. Also, it is much more stable when walking around in the unit itself.

Thank you for posting about the auto level system! We currently have a 28 DSBH on order and we went for the auto level system too. It looks like we almost ordered the identical trailers, except we did not get the sani con but did get the 30 lb. lp bottles. We decided to go with the free standing table and chairs instead of the dinette too. I have yet to even see a picture of a 28 DSBH with this option. Do you have any pics of the table and chairs? Unfortunately we had our original ordered 28 DSBH arrive last month (probably made in the same run as yours, vin #C0274) but the dealer forgot to add the table and chairs and roof ladder options so they reordered another one for us slated to be built on May 1st. Have fun with the new rig!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
Thank you for posting about the auto level system! We currently have a 28 DSBH on order and we went for the auto level system too. It looks like we almost ordered the identical trailers, except we did not get the sani con but did get the 30 lb. lp bottles. We decided to go with the free standing table and chairs instead of the dinette too. I have yet to even see a picture of a 28 DSBH with this option. Do you have any pics of the table and chairs? Unfortunately we had our original ordered 28 DSBH arrive last month (probably made in the same run as yours, vin #C0274) but the dealer forgot to add the table and chairs and roof ladder options so they reordered another one for us slated to be built on May 1st. Have fun with the new rig!
No problem. I would post a video, but I dont have one. Never thought of doing it to be honest. Works solid so far; granted, its just four trips, but coming from a popup trailer and using a BAL level, I was not about to do the back and forth needed to level an trailer this big. I was over it frankly. Now, I have no delusions that there will be times that I have to still do the traditional leveling a bit before engaging the auto level, chiefly because my wife and I like boondocking and those sites tend to be a bit more skewed. I accept this, but i like that, in most cases (all cases so far), the auto level took care of it.

We did not do the slide out tables and chairs. That was one other upgrade (and theater seating) we did not opt for. We enjoy the extra storage, and with two very young kids, I like the floor-posted table booth. It stops the tiny feet from kicking the table support and spilling cereal all over because they cannot keep still.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #11

We have a 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS and have had issues with the Lippert leveling system 2 of the 3 times we went to use it. It throws error codes and then they cannot be cleared. This last time it said "out of stroke" so I put some blocks under the back stabilizers because it appeared they were fully extended and tried to start again. It did not work. What is the trick when unhooking from the tow vehicle to make sure the leveling system will work every time?
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #12

Lippert Leveling System

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliney1016 View Post
We have a 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS and have had issues with the Lippert leveling system 2 of the 3 times we went to use it. It throws error codes and then they cannot be cleared. This last time it said "out of stroke" so I put some blocks under the back stabilizers because it appeared they were fully extended and tried to start again. It did not work. What is the trick when unhooking from the tow vehicle to make sure the leveling system will work every time?
On our 16 Eagle we pull the pins on the front jacks drop them 6-7 inches put pin back in.Put two 4x4s under rear jacks and start unhooking.Lippert has some good u tube videos, there customer support has been helpful.574-537-8900. Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Glamus 3-5-04.jpg  
Old 04-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #13

On the 4x4s we don't stack them we place them side by side!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliney1016 View Post
Sorry mine isn't a Lipert, its a Bal 3.5

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
Sorry mine isn't a Lipert, its a Bal 3.5

I think this confusion comes from the fact that before this year, only the 5th wheels had auto leveling and the BAL setup is exclusive to Jayco TT's, not 5th wheels.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:46 AM   #16

I was told that Jayco would be offering a leveling system on their TT's way back in March of 2016. We waited as long as we dared and ordered in June. I kept hoping that Jayco would release a system in time to make my build, but sadly, I missed it by just a week or so.

During that entire time, I also tried for months to get info on what system was being offered, but got nowhere with Jayco. It was like it was a trade secret or something. My guess is that they were evaluating at least 2 different systems, and didn't choose until the last minute.

I, like a few others, assumed it would be the Lippert system since it was the one being advertised and had numerous press releases about other OEM's offering it. When the BAL system was what actually appeared, it was somewhat of a surprise since it seemed to come out of nowhere.

So I am now looking at the two systems as an aftermarket add on. I have a call into BAL to see if theirs will be available aftermarket or will it strictly be OEM. Lippert has already told me that their system will be available aftermarket, but they aren't quite there yet.

So I am also curious about real world performance of the two systems.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 AM   #17

It has been said before and I can confirm do not pull the pin and drop the front jacks to the ground all the way before you start. I like to leave about a 4" gap between the base and the ground on the front jacks. Ground the front jacks, raise the front up about another inch, pull the truck out, and then auto-level.

That procedure has been working well for me.

I also prefer to put 4x4 blocks under all the other jacks but that is simply my preference.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #18

Thank you for all the input. We are relocating this Friday and will be going through the process and let you know how it works.
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #19

Picking it up tomorrow!

Hello, I am headed up to Iowa to pick up the new Jayco Jayflight 28bhbe tomorrow. I order it with the auto-leveling, and will report on it sometime later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco28BHBE.JPG  
Bscraig73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #20

Update: Jayco Jayflight 28bhbe, picked it up in Des Moines IA, and pulled it back 300 miles. The BAL 5.3 auto leveling is SO AWESOME! Extend front jack, unhooked, pull out, hit auto level and watch it work (with beer in hand). The 3 point system is genius since there can't be frame torque because its on a pivot from the from jack. Very happy with the weight too only 7094lbs. I will update after a few camping trips. Thank you, Bryan
Bscraig73 is offline   Reply With Quote