Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #1

New 2018 Jay Flight Brochure confirmed my suspicions.

The 23RB has been removed from the top of the line Jay Flight line and dropped down to the SLX line.

Which is too bad, IMO. Jayco left the 21QB in Jay Flight line plus the 26BH. If I were looking for a 23RB style floor plan and there weren't any new 2017's available, I'd go looking at other brands.

I don't like the 21QB because there is not a lot of clothes storage, and to me was very narrow at the rear. And the 26BH doesn't work for me because it's a bunk house.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #2

I noticed the Jay Flight 27 BHS is not listed either. Didn't look in the SLX line though.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Yes, I am disappointed to see that also. We love our 2012 22FB - especially the 90 gallon fresh water tank capacity. I don't know if I could take dropping down to a 42 gallon.
Camp Winican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #4

Now, if the current 21QB was say a 23QB with the added two feet made into a closet against the bedroom wall, and an extra 2 feet of counter space, I would have jumped all over that model, instead of my 23RB.

The biggest drawback to the 21QB is no clothes storage other than the two wardrobes beside the bed.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 AM   #5

Hi,
What about the 23MRB, we love ours.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:21 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
..... this is why they have so many different floor plans, and different models. To us, the 21 is a much nicer layout with it's large windows in the back, to us, we are outdoors.... so let the outdoors in! The 23RB bathroom takes up to much space in the back .... ya, that wardrobe would be nice, but thats it. The 23RB would be perfect for my sister, because she packs enough clothes to stay a month.... but us, we pack what we need, and the two wardrobes next to the bed are enough. Moving the 23 to the SLX line is not a bad thing .... not sure i would go as far as looking at another brand .... deep down inside, besides a few bells n whistles, the Jayflight and Jayflight SLX are the same!
Old 08-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #7

The 23MRB was dropped from the Jay Flight line in 2017. A 2017 model was not available. In fact the Jay Flight line had no Murphy bed floor plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Hi,
What about the 23MRB, we love ours.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #8

Of course when we go to Utah, and Yellowstone next June, I'll need the extra room in the bathroom to take what I need. Due to the possible low temperatures in Yellowstone, especially in the evening, we will have to have large coats.

Also, we follow VT football in the fall. As the season changes, the weather in Blacksburg can change drastically from day to day, and sometimes between the day and night. Need light clothes and heavy clothes and heavy coats. We need more room than the two wardrobes on either side of the bed.

As you said, different folks have different needs.

As for regular Jay Flight and Jay Flight SLX, I rather like having a black tank flush, 2 30# propane tanks, enclosed underbelly, more than 42 gallons of fresh water, and cabinets in lieu of a shelf over the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
..... this is why they have so many different floor plans, and different models. To us, the 21 is a much nicer layout with it's large windows in the back, to us, we are outdoors.... so let the outdoors in! The 23RB bathroom takes up to much space in the back .... ya, that wardrobe would be nice, but thats it. The 23RB would be perfect for my sister, because she packs enough clothes to stay a month.... but us, we pack what we need, and the two wardrobes next to the bed are enough. Moving the 23 to the SLX line is not a bad thing .... not sure i would go as far as looking at another brand .... deep down inside, besides a few bells n whistles, the Jayflight and Jayflight SLX are the same!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #9

We were looking at the '17 Jay Flight 29QBS because we really want a bunk room vs bunk beds in something less than 30' box length, but it went to "dealer stock only" over the summer. It looks like it went to the SLX line as a 294QBS for '18...

I am however loving the new '18 Jay Flight 28BHS floor plan!!!. Jayco doesn't have full specs listed yet or pricing, but does have the 360° views of the inside.

Some of the main things I like about this model are:
- kitchen layout has more counter space.
- door to bedroom from main area instead of curtain
- couch is directly in front of television like my 26BH
- large shower and extra shelves in bathroom
- awning is 20' and covers outside kitchen
- large U shape dinette
- all the options that are available in the Jay Flight lineup

Can't wait for my local dealer to get one in to check it out, not sure when that will be though. I'll have to call and ask.

Does anyone know when this info may become available? I have been checking the site several daily [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #10

We can't wait to get our 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
We were looking at the '17 Jay Flight 29QBS because we really want a bunk room vs bunk beds in something less than 30' box length, but it went to "dealer stock only" over the summer. It looks like it went to the SLX line as a 294QBS for '18...

I am however loving the new '18 Jay Flight 28BHS floor plan!!!. Jayco doesn't have full specs listed yet or pricing, but does have the 360° views of the inside.

Some of the main things I like about this model are:
- kitchen layout has more counter space.
- door to bedroom from main area instead of curtain
- couch is directly in front of television like my 26BH
- large shower and extra shelves in bathroom
- awning is 20' and covers outside kitchen
- large U shape dinette
- all the options that are available in the Jay Flight lineup

Can't wait for my local dealer to get one in to check it out, not sure when that will be though. I'll have to call and ask.

Does anyone know when this info may become available? I have been checking the site several daily [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We saw one at our local dealer a few weeks ago and fell in love! We wanted to have a trailer that we could park in our driveway and had the double sized bunk beds as opposed to the single ones as we want to camp with friends and have them fit in a bunk
carlamacewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlamacewan View Post
We saw one at our local dealer a few weeks ago and fell in love! We wanted to have a trailer that we could park in our driveway and had the double sized bunk beds as opposed to the single ones as we want to camp with friends and have them fit in a bunk
Copied the Imagine 2800BH floorplan
cleazenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazenby View Post
Copied the Imagine 2800BH floorplan
They are very similar floor plans. But no where locally to buy one, nor where I trust the service as much as our local dealer.
carlamacewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
The 23MRB was dropped from the Jay Flight line in 2017. A 2017 model was not available. In fact the Jay Flight line had no Murphy bed floor plans.
Could be, but the White Hawk line has the 23MRB.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote