Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Wink New 2020 eagle 330 rsts

Hi All,
Sold my whitehawk and preparing to pickup my new Eagle Friday. I had a question about whether front and rear stabilizers are included if you've ordered the auto level system.
I'm getting my check sheets together and wondered why some items on the MSRP invoice under standard do not match the detail of the website lists of standards and options.
Thanks.
whitehawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:06 AM   #2

Congrats! I think that most of the units today come with auto level, the high end anyway, I really love that unit and if I didn't have my 5th wheel that would be the next one I would get.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #3

Our 2019 330 RSTS with auto-level has front and rear stablilizers. My understanding is that the new models only have front, the thought being that the rear levelers provide all the stability needed.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #4

Should just be the four leveling jacks. No rear stabilizers.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Should just be the four leveling jacks. No rear stabilizers.
TTs come with 2 leveling jacks + tongue jack + front stabilizers. I think only 5th wheels come with 4 leveling jacks.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #6

Congratulations!
Why did you go with the 330RSTS over the fifth wheel sister model? Why the TT?
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
TTs come with 2 leveling jacks + tongue jack + front stabilizers. I think only 5th wheels come with 4 leveling jacks.

I was mixed up. You are correct.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
This is incorrect, or at least it is now. My 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK has 4 leveling jacks and a tongue jack. The strangest part to me is that the tongue jack is retracted when the trailer is leveling/leveled. You should see that it comes with "4 point leveling system".
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #9

Smile Thanks all!

Gunafulltime, you asked a question that took us two years to decide. We thought the northpoint or pinnacle was going to be the next Rv. But after a knee replacement we decided less steps would become a good thing. The other consideration was the height driving down the road and thinking the inside temp might be more stabile with a consistent ceiling height.
We will be towing with a 2018 diesel 2500 Ram. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first haul back to the house to load up for my favorite camping season, the fall.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.
whitehawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawkgirl View Post
I'm getting my check sheets together and wondered why some items on the MSRP invoice under standard do not match the detail of the website lists of standards and options.
Thanks.
As was mentioned in another thread.

"Subject to change without notice or obligation".

That statement is common to all RV manufacturers. The IT department doesn't always keep up with what happens in production. The same applies to the brochures too. They go to the printer and then things change.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawkgirl View Post
Gunafulltime, you asked a question that took us two years to decide. We thought the northpoint or pinnacle was going to be the next Rv. But after a knee replacement we decided less steps would become a good thing. The other consideration was the height driving down the road and thinking the inside temp might be more stabile with a consistent ceiling height.
We will be towing with a 2018 diesel 2500 Ram. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first haul back to the house to load up for my favorite camping season, the fall.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

That should be a very nice setup please post pics when you get it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
This is incorrect, or at least it is now. My 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK has 4 leveling jacks and a tongue jack. The strangest part to me is that the tongue jack is retracted when the trailer is leveling/leveled. You should see that it comes with "4 point leveling system".
Go figure. So the system has change 3 times in 2 model years.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #13

Currently have a 5th wheel with auto level and have really loved it. Like many, leg and health issues are pushing us back to a TT. I've had a TT without auto level and do not want to go back to blocks, levelers etc and the floor plan of the 330 is almost exactly what we have now in our 5th wheel. We like it. Question - who makes the auto level system? I assume LCI and that it's electric. Just started looking for some feedback on how well it works, etc. Works well on our current trailer.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #14

Congrats on your new Eagle!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhou View Post
Currently have a 5th wheel with auto level and have really loved it. Like many, leg and health issues are pushing us back to a TT. I've had a TT without auto level and do not want to go back to blocks, levelers etc and the floor plan of the 330 is almost exactly what we have now in our 5th wheel. We like it. Question - who makes the auto level system? I assume LCI and that it's electric. Just started looking for some feedback on how well it works, etc. Works well on our current trailer.
It is LCI and is an electric rather than hydraulic. I just purchased the Eagle 332CBOK with 4 point 1 touch auto leveling. Mine worked great when I set it up at my storage facility. I just took out for the first time and set it up in a grass campsite, my storage is concrete, and after trying 3 or 4 times, it would not complete the leveling process. Just before finishing I got an error. It was only off by -.1 degrees so I ultimately decided that is closer than I'd get it using a level.

I met yesterday with the service tech at the selling dealer. After describing the setup, he feels I have blocks under the rear jacks that are too large. I'll try it again tonight and see how it works. The bottom line, if it doesn't get any closer than it is, it is incredible!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #16

After some initial issues I found it works great. It's rare but it will sometimes fail so assuming you have the ability through the control panel to adjust each jack (my current system allows you to) you can tweak it if needed then reset it to where you want level to be. Your comment about working on a level surface then not when on an uneven surface reminds me of our initial issue - long long story but I found in the middle of a cross country trip that the level sensor module under trailer was mounted backwards. Only reason I mention is that symptom was what you described. Worked on very level sites but not anywhere else.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #17

Quote:
After some initial issues I found it works great. It's rare but it will sometimes fail so assuming you have the ability through the control panel to adjust each jack (my current system allows you to) you can tweak it if needed then reset it to where you want level to be. Your comment about working on a level surface then not when on an uneven surface reminds me of our initial issue - long long story but I found in the middle of a cross country trip that the level sensor module under trailer was mounted backwards. Only reason I mention is that symptom was what you described. Worked on very level sites but not anywhere else.
That's hilarious that you said that. When I went to pick it up 3 weeks ago, they couldn't deliver it because the auto leveling wasn't working. They ultimately found the factory installed the sensor backwards. LOL
Old 10-03-2019, 08:15 AM   #18

At least they found it. I was under my trailer cutting open the underside in an RV park 2,000 miles from home. It gets better. The module is a small black box mounted to the frame. On top of the box is a very big sticker, with arrows, that say FRONT pointing one way and BACK the other way. Very obvious how to mount it. It was mounted opposite of how it should be. Hard to imagine you could do it wrong but, seems they do. LCI was very helpful in making it worth my time to fix it myself on the road.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #19

Quote:
At least they found it. I was under my trailer cutting open the underside in an RV park 2,000 miles from home. It gets better. The module is a small black box mounted to the frame. On top of the box is a very big sticker, with arrows, that say FRONT pointing one way and BACK the other way. Very obvious how to mount it. It was mounted opposite of how it should be. Hard to imagine you could do it wrong but, seems they do. LCI was very helpful in making it worth my time to fix it myself on the road.
Haha...I know, that's exactly what the dealership told me. Sorry you had to go through all that for yourself. But, I do love the ease of this system. I need to work with it more, but getting withing -.1 degrees level before getting an error is pretty minor. I have large wooden blocks under the jacks. The jacks in the rear only have to go down a couple of inches. The service tech at the dealership told me they really need about 5" of travel so I'm going to get smaller blocks this evening and try again. The only problem I had with it at the storage lot was the tongue jack was going out of stroke because I didn't have a large enough block and it was extending all the way out.

We LOVE the 332CBOK Eagle. I'm sure you'll be happy with the one you chose as well.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #20

I see that the 2020 Eagle travel trailers have generator prep as an option. Does anyone know exactly what that comprises on the travel trailer? Also does anyone know if that new front tray behind the propane bottles is designed to work with any of the Onan generator’s?
trailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote