Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 08:08 PM   #61

Then point me into the Direction I need to look at to fix
my camper
Old 02-17-2024, 08:18 PM   #62

Thank you I understand this is not Affiliated with Jayco
But people need to know about the crap jayco puts out there. My wife was lobbyists for laws to protect people who buy Manufactured homes. This needs to be addressed and the government needs to step in to protect the consumer. As much as I hate to get the government involved. It needs to be done.... I really hope someone from Jayco is reading this.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc101 View Post
Then point me into the Direction I need to look at to fix
my camper
If you feel your issues are covered under warranty, the selling dealer's service department is your contact point , even if you don't agree with them. I have not read your list to know if there is something that we can help you with. Of course I may have missed it since I don't spend a lot of time on the net. And there are many times that people are told that rv owners needs to be their own repair persons.

This saves you a lot of time and and possibly getting ulcers as you minimize your downtime as a result of doing your own work.. I carry a tool kit that requires two people to load, just in case,,,,,,,
Old 02-17-2024, 08:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc101 View Post
Thank you I understand this is not Affiliated with Jayco
But people need to know about the crap jayco puts out there. My wife was lobbyists for laws to protect people who buy Manufactured homes. This needs to be addressed and the government needs to step in to protect the consumer. As much as I hate to get the government involved. It needs to be done.... I really hope someone from Jayco is reading this.
Even if someone from the factory is reading these topics, it would open up a serious keg of worms if they got involved openly into everyone's problems. I have been doing this stuff since the middle 1980s and can tell you beyond any doubt that rvs are not what they used to be.

I will say that the worse possible idea that came along the scene that has generated a lot of camper problems is the idea of "Ultra Lite" being added to the manufacturer's name. Workers of the olden days and the labor force has drastically changed. Most blue color type folks used to be real mechanics and woodworkers, most out of necessity at home. And their kids spent their time . Its lucky to get people to get dirty these days with common sense and to care about what they are doing. Our entire work force ethic has declined.

Internal parts that you do not see are not the same and fasteners holding the external parts just do not hold in these rolling washing machines. You are driving or towing a mini hurricane on wheels. This affects everything, even the creature comfort stuff like the frig and crap that we all demand, as most folks want a plush condo with us all the time.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:45 PM   #65

Thatís terrible
Old 02-17-2024, 09:34 PM   #66

FWIW, if you folks have nothing to do, there is a you tube channel called Liz Amazing that has numerous videos provided by owners of their horrible experiences of multiple brands , both high end and low end new ones and the experiences with dealers too. .
Old 02-18-2024, 07:27 AM   #67

Mold under mattresses in boats and Rvs is quite common. Having had the problem once years ago, we have successfully used something like this in our trailers.
https://www.doityourselfrv.com/prevent-under-mattress-mold-hypervent/
Google the problem there are many solutions that involve air flow etc...
Old 02-18-2024, 10:59 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
Could not agree more. People are going to stop buying this crap.
That will be good for the tent and hotel industries. Which will you go to next? Hotels or a tent? Something else?
Old 02-18-2024, 01:12 PM   #69

Smile

Jayco manufacturers them to be used once a year then it sits. Falls apart n needs repairing.
These things are built to be disposable like buying paper plates.

I wasn’t expecting my new trailer to not work or for that it comes with nothing you need to use it.

Prewired for solar
Ordered twice what it needed to run the refrigerator to keep my insulin cold. 2-200 watt panels , 2- 100 amp battleborns. Paid thousandS on the system and it doesn’t charge or fun anything.
Every two days have to run the generator all day.
Refrigerator door snap lock doesn’t hold it shut , fuse behind the radio is blowing the breakers. The door is insane to have to slam shut. Had a new lock / handle put on and still end up waking everyone to close it. The handle to help get up the stairs if it shuts while you’re inside you can’t open the door ?
Shades don’t pull down all the way. Tank gages aren’t calibrated properly so it says 3/4 full then hot water shuts off just after getting in shower.
Cut the queen bed in 1/2 - 1/4 inch plywood would never have lasted with me sleeping on it.
Pushed an umbrella in storage against curved wall n it crumbled leaving a big hole. All the lights (like way too many ) are super bright. So bright it’s annoying to use them. No dimmer bulbs available. Put shoes under shelf in closet leaning on shelf to stand back up and it crumbled. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Screws on the outside are already rusting some. 30 gallon propane is bolted to the trailer and warbles back n forth. Can’t get the cover off the black n grey empty pipe.
Need to take a breath
The underneath has wires hanging down I gotta stuff back up into frame.
The adjustable feet under stairs seem to have rusted in place 3 months in and have replaced the roof then took it back 3 times to refix the “new” roof.
A small hole in the cheapass roof if you just fix it voids the warranty. But they just pile white stuff around the holes they drilled. Bugs can get into the vents so need new covers.
I need to grab a beer. To be continued ……
Closed Thread