Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #1

New 25BH owner

Hello, my first post here and a rather new RV owner. Bought my first RV in September of last year. I went to an RV show with my cousin who owned RVs for several years. She wasn’t much help since I got royally screwed. I had a 2013 Ford Ranger, for some reason the stick had almost half the towing ability of the auto. We looked for an RV under 3,100 lbs. Found one, a Forest River Wolf Pup 16BHS. The salesman never asked me what truck I had and I was to find out lied about certain parts of the contract. Once I got home I learned that I needed to worry about the gross weight, not dry weight and that went over the Ranger’s limit. I called the RV dealer to cancel the contract; they would never connect me with management or return my calls. After a couple weeks of that I talked it over with the wife and decided to upgrade to a bigger truck. Took a beating with the trade in but got a nice 2013 F-150 with 5.0 engine and full towing package. I go to pick up the RV and learn that the $1900 for dealer setup did not include the weight distribution hitch or anything else as the salesman claimed. The dealer said he was a part time salesman from another location so all they did for me was give me $50 in accessories. Parked at home it seemed nice, but before winter set in we took a weekend trip to a near by campsite to try it out. With me, the wife, two grandkids, and two dogs, it was anything but comfortable. One dog was so uncomfortable and in the way so much that I took him home. In every way it was too small and needed upgrades in many places.

When the York, PA RV show came to town I knew I’d be getting an upgrade. After looking at several models we finally choose the Jayco 25BH. I asked about upgrades, but they said this was pretty much fully upgraded. Maybe for my next one I’ll special order it to get everything I want, but this is the RV I would have bought in the first place had I owned the F-150 to begin with. Me and the grandboys slept in it last weekend to try it out and my only complaint is the mattress is too firm for me. I bought a 4” topper for the old RV that I use in my regular bed, it should do the job. Parked in the driveway it’s making a nice man cave until we go camping.

The TV picks up a couple stations and I got the Roku working, I have one question for now. The TV speakers aren’t great, the manuals show I should be able to connect audio out to the Furrion radio so I can play audio to all the interior speakers, but I can’t find an easy way to get to the back of the radio. Anyone know what I need to do?
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #2

Turn the radio on and try pressing the zone buttons. Make sure the TV is on as well. You will hear it when you get to the correct zone. Also, behind the doors for the bedroom, is where the outdoor speaker switch is located. Make sure the switch is not selected for outside too. Congrats on the camper.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #3

Just read that you can't get to the back of the radio. I don't know how to get back there but on my 25bh, it was all connected. It could just be a settings issue, hopefully.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #4

OK, thanks. I didn't see a cable on the TV connected for audio out, but I'll recheck.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #5

Congrats on the new trailer!

In order to hear TV audio through the Furrion radio, the radio needs to have selected ARC (which means Audio Return Channel). Also the HDMI cable that connects the TV to the radio needs to be attached to the only TV HDMI output that is labeled ARC (usually HDMI2).

Assuming the wires are connected correctly, audio is coming back to the radio via the HDMI cable. You need to repeatedly press the input button on the radio until ARC appears. The input button is at the right end of the center row of 6 buttons (the button's icon looks like a square with an arrow entering from the left). Each time you press the input button a different input source will be selected so keep pressing until you see ARC.

If you are still not getting audio, you might make sure in the TV menu options you have audio out selected.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #6

Thanks. I was planning on using the optical audio out port on the TV, but that will make it easier, I'll give it a try tomorrow.