Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #1

New 29bh owner.

Well we pulled the trigger on a 2021 29BH. We are excited! Waiting to take the née rig home. I have questions though.

1. The hitch coupler looks different from my previous rig. I’ve heard of Under-mount couplers. Is this one of them or is it just a cosmetic difference?

2. What’s the correct slide topper? I saw that it had slide topper prep. What exactly does that do?

3. What model backup and side view cameras should we order for this rig?

4. What’s the correct RV lock to order for the main door?

Thanks in advance!
Seaninnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
Wsw

I put the solara slide toppers on our 334rlok. They fit right on and took me about 20 minutes for the first one. 2 and 3 went quicker. You have to be careful about ordering the size though. So I took measurement and had cw order them. 3 were 1050 total on sale with discounts. 1 was about 8 feet. One 12. And one around 13 or so.

I also added an rv4lock to our door. We like the key fobs with our dog. So easy. One issue is the new jayco door is a bit skinnier than the old ones and lock would stick shut when using auto so had to unlock with key. Called customer service and they said to file down the post that the red plastic deadbolt catch fits into about an 8th of an inch. Did that and also took utility knife and cut some of the plastic trim the red lock knob was catching on. 3 weeks in destin, no issues.

I also put the furrion 7 inch rear view camera on. Expensive but works. About 5 minutes to install.

I like the equalizer hitches. No chains and so easy to use. Takes me 5 minutes to unhook and hit auto level. I can be parked and level in about 10 minutes. I actually timed it. About as fast to hook up when leaving. Never had any sway period and I drive the speed limit at least. A little noisy but the plastic noise dampeners work good. Have over 2000 miles on ours and they still look brand new.

Have fun. We just got in from destin west rv resort and might just go back. What a great place to quarantine.

Oh I did not get side cams. I trailer a lot so just did not figure I would need them. So far I have not but some like them. Tons of comments on cameras.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #3

Enjoy the new RV.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #4

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2020, 05:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsw View Post
I put the solara slide toppers on our 334rlok. They fit right on and took me about 20 minutes for the first one. 2 and 3 went quicker. You have to be careful about ordering the size though. So I took measurement and had cw order them. 3 were 1050 total on sale with discounts. 1 was about 8 feet. One 12. And one around 13 or so.

I also added an rv4lock to our door. We like the key fobs with our dog. So easy. One issue is the new jayco door is a bit skinnier than the old ones and lock would stick shut when using auto so had to unlock with key. Called customer service and they said to file down the post that the red plastic deadbolt catch fits into about an 8th of an inch. Did that and also took utility knife and cut some of the plastic trim the red lock knob was catching on. 3 weeks in destin, no issues.

I also put the furrion 7 inch rear view camera on. Expensive but works. About 5 minutes to install.

I like the equalizer hitches. No chains and so easy to use. Takes me 5 minutes to unhook and hit auto level. I can be parked and level in about 10 minutes. I actually timed it. About as fast to hook up when leaving. Never had any sway period and I drive the speed limit at least. A little noisy but the plastic noise dampeners work good. Have over 2000 miles on ours and they still look brand new.

Have fun. We just got in from destin west rv resort and might just go back. What a great place to quarantine.

Oh I did not get side cams. I trailer a lot so just did not figure I would need them. So far I have not but some like them. Tons of comments on cameras.

Thanks for the info!