Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #1

New 31BHDS.

Well, made the deal and came home with the 31bhds. Can anyone give me a heads up on cleaning and waxing, I have only owned 1 trailer before and it was a fiber glass model. ( smooth side) What kind of wax are people using? Also has anyone used the outside grill? It looks like it would make a mess of the side of the camper and the awning. Thanks for any input.
WELLCRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Jayco! We hired someone in a campground to do our first non-dealer wash and wax. For the life of us, neither Don or I can't remember the name of the wax, although we have it written on the receipt which we keep in the trailer. We figure we will make it through to Fall and wax it again then. So for us, we plan to wax once a year along with roof and seam checks

We don't use a grill that comes with the tt. We have a separate coleman grill we bought at WM.

When do you go out for your first trip? Post pics when you do!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #3

Congrats on the deal and now owning a Jayco!!
As for waxing, I have only used Meguiar's products on my trucks, cars and now my Trailer.
You will get many different answers for wax, but I would simply recommend anything you are comfortable using and any brand that uses "Carnuba" wax.

There is a post on here somewhere regarding the grill. If I remember correctly, about 1/4 of the people prefered or used that grill.

Others use their own gas or charcoal grill. I prefer charcoal and really do not want to take the chance of having grease splash on the side of my TT. It is also located under the awning on my TT.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #4

The outside grill that came with a Jayco popup that we owned several years ago is sitting unused in our attic. I did not want to have to try to clean it thoroughly enough to store every time we used the grill and then moved to another location to camp. I bought a Coleman Roadtrip grill that uses a small propane bottle. It folds down and fits easily in the back of our pickup even if it has not been cleaned after its last use. Have used it for three years with excellent results. Recently bought a small tabletop Coleman grill that should cook enough for just my wife and me--it stores easily in the passthrough storage of our travel trailer.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #5

Thanks for th info. I can't see us using the grill because of the mess it looks like it will make in the side of the camper. Its hard enough keeping it clean from every day wear and tear let alone causing more of a mess to clean.
WELLCRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote