Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #1

New Eagle 284bhs Owner

Anyone else with a new 284bhs Eagle Super Lite
Peppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #2

Yep, had it about three weeks. As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying it right now! :hihi:
AR Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #3

Me too!

My family is loving this trailer. I love the floor plan. Only had it out once so far at a beach campsite but we've only had it for about 3 weeks. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this.

Chris
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #4

I just got one this spring. Have used it two weeks and love it. Only issue is the water pump sometimes comes on with no water use and stays on with a lower than normal sound
kuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #5

We just purchased one and have had it out once and so far we love it. We'll be taking it out for one more fall outing next week before putting it away until next season. The only problem we had was a leaky water filter under the sink. I hate those things anyway so I removed it in favor of the bypass and will use a whole coach water filter instead that hooks up at the campsite faucet. Much easier to maintain.
malaglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #6

Yep, bought ours in July, love it! We have used it 5 times. Tows great and only problem was a screw sticking up a 1/4 inch under the dinette. This was scrapping against the bottom of the slideout. Just winterize it last week and looking forward to the next trip.
284_EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #7

kuskid, If your water pump is turned on and the pump starts on its own without a tap being turned on then this means you that you are loosing/using water somewhere. Check your outside shower to see if the water is coming out from there. If your fresh water tank has water and the system is primed than with the pump coming on by itself it means you could have a water leak in your system. Check underneath your trailer to see if you see water dripping. Call your dealer and let him know what is happening. Hope this helps.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #8

We bought ours a couple of months ago and will be heading from Texas to Oregon in a few days. So far we like it, though the kids might a bit more. The only downside is vacations are never long enough...
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #9

After having out unit out a few times we found a few problems all of them relating to the workmanship of the cabinetry. A drawer was only attached to its supports with three small staples. A few screws fixed that right up. The dinette is made of particleboard and the ends will break if you even look at them wrong. Had to reinforce both of those with some additional screws One of the overhead bin doors was installed wrong and the hardware had to be removed and reinstalled properly. Don't know if the employee who installed the cabinets was having a bad day or was new but this should have been caught in the QC and wasn't. Easy fixes all but still kind of irritating to have to deal with on a new unit that we are other-wised pleased with.
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT3[/:hihi:COLOR]
[/SIGPIC]
Old 07-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaglot View Post
After having out unit out a few times we found a few problems all of them relating to the workmanship of the cabinetry. A drawer was only attached to its supports with three small staples. A few screws fixed that right up. The dinette is made of particleboard and the ends will break if you even look at them wrong. Had to reinforce both of those with some additional screws One of the overhead bin doors was installed wrong and the hardware had to be removed and reinstalled properly. Don't know if the employee who installed the cabinets was having a bad day or was new but this should have been caught in the QC and wasn't. Easy fixes all but still kind of irritating to have to deal with on a new unit that we are other-wised pleased with.
To add to that from my last trip. There is a access panel on the side of the tub. I touched it and the trim just fell off. I mean really? Luckily I keep a full assortment of fasteners and various types of glue in my RV toolbag so it was a snap to fix. I removed the lame staples they used to "assemble" the part with originally and attached the trim the right way with glue and wire brads. Sure I could take the unit in and have Jayco fix it,,,but I want it done right so I do the small stuff myself.
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT3[/:hihi:COLOR]
[/SIGPIC]
Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #11

Looking at the 2013 Eagle 284BHS. Is everyone happy with theirs?

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote