Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #1

new Guy w/ Jayco Jay Feather X26P Question

First off I just wanted to say that this is my first post as I just signed up for the site but have been trolling around and reading for awhile now. I have found a lot of good information on here and am looking to get a new Jayco Jay Feather X26P soon but have been unable to find much information on it. This will be my second TT and I had a 2009 Jayco Jay Feather 21M that I sold last year. I am looking at the X26P and like the floor plan as less the 30' towable and with the slide out bed it is more like a 33' camper when set up.

My question is I can't seem to find much information or people that have this model Jayco or get any feedback from anyone that has it. The Keystone Outback has the same floor plan with some differences in the 250RS and have seen a lot of feedback from people that have it and like it. I am in the Atlanta are and no one has the X26P on the lot to look at but have seen the Outback 250RS and outher Jay Feather models and after owning a Jayco I really like them and it seems to be built a little better with better quality IMHO and i have read some many good things on this forum regarding customer service with Jayco when there are problems.

I did a search on this site and received no hits for the X26P and that is teh reason for the post. If anyone has any experience with the X26P or has seen one please provide any feedback that you may have however little it may be. Thank you.
camp4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have seen a few posts on RV.net about that particular trailer. If you do a search on the site I think you should find some related posts. Here`s a link to the TT forum. - Lee

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...s/forum/26.cfm
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #3

Looks like a really neat floorplan. I havent seen one before either, but have seen similar plans by other builders. If you like the layout and that style of camper I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Have you seen photos of the inside? I did a Google search on this model and saw some good shots.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #4

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Camp4Fun! We looked at the Keystone Outback that you refered to. The bed pulling out from the back was pretty flimsy; didn't seem to ride smoothly on the track. It was difficult to negotiate just me doing it myself, and also to stow back up. So we tried another one that was on the lot. Same thing. With all of the negative reviews we found online, we decided to pass on any Keystone product. We didn't look at that floorplan with the Jayco though so I don't know how the pull out part works with the X26P. It does look like a nice floorplan and lotsa room with a shorter box. I went to Youtube.com and couldn't find any videos for that model. Hope you can find the info you are looking for!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote