Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #1

New here, comments and questions

Hello, we are so glad to find a forum to get advice, ask questions and generally share our love of camping. We recently traded our Octane toy hauler for a Jay Flight SLX 195 RB. I hope I got that right, still trying to remember the information on our new camper.
Although our new Jay Flight is longer, it is not as wide. It is about a thousand pounds lighter which is the reason for the trade. It has a rear bathroom, and a queen size bed up front. Although unlike the Octane, the new camper has a lot of storage I am missing drawers in the kitchen area. I like the closet that is situated right by the door you come in. One of my questions is if we want to put in a more permanent type of shelving in that closet, how in the world do you attach those types of things in the interior of a camper? If you could point us in the direction of some help with that we would appreciate that. We will not have out maiden voyage in our new digs for a couple weeks but are greatly looking forward to it. Thank you for all the great advice we have already found on this site. It's a fun place and very informative. Anyone else have this particular type of trailer?
Doxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #2

Hello and welcome. Someone is sure to help and usually with pictures.
Dave
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

Welcome! Not familiar with your particular trailer so not much help with the questions, but as SecretCoveDave said, someone that can help will be along shortly
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxie View Post
Hello, we are so glad to find a forum to get advice, ask questions and generally share our love of camping. ...snip... I like the closet that is situated right by the door you come in. One of my questions is if we want to put in a more permanent type of shelving in that closet, how in the world do you attach those types of things in the interior of a camper? ...snip
Hello to you. Congratulations on your new TT and welcome to the JOF.

What you'd like to do is a common mod. It is likely someone with your same trailer will offer what they did. Also, this forum has a search function that may help you, too (although searching will take persistence and wading through non-helpful stuff).

All that said, here are a few of things to start you thinking...
Wire shelves from HomeDepot etc. held up with Command Strips on the walls. The jury is still out on this: Is the wall covering capable of supporting the weight?

Shelving metal track vertical support brackets attached to the closet door frame so the shelf supports point towards the rear of the closet.

Shelving vertical supports on both sides of the closet that extend down to the shelf or floor (so vertical load is held by the bottom of the supports) and shelf brackets from both sides extending toward the middle of the closet.

Some have found 'put-together' stand alone drawers that they could assemble inside the closet.

That's a start. It's a challenge, but the sky's the limit. Have fun finding the best solution for you.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #5

Same trailer. We just got it last month and have 2500 miles on it. Those little wardrobes by the bed are useless to hang anything in . When we get home we will put shelving in cause right now there is just a high pile of clothes in there. We're thinking of making roll out shelving as those wardrobes are deep.

Perhaps the same idea for the main closet but we do like storing hiking boots beneath in the mud room so to speak and have a hook for a broom . We did fit two sterilite containers on the bottom existing shelf for linens and extra clothes

We also installed some stick on battery powered LED lights in each because there is a definite lack of lighting in tbere

I think I would like some rollout shelves in the kitchen. The cabinets are deep. You can lose stuff in them. I've already done that

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:26 PM   #6

Thanks!
Doxie is offline   Reply With Quote