Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #1

New Jayco 314BDS

We just purchased a new 2011 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 314BDS and will be picking it up in the spring. The unit has that U shaped dinette with the extendable dinette chairs. Those dinette chairs give extra seating, however, the table does not extend, therefore it appears there are 2 extra seats without a table in front of them. I would like to hear from other owners of this layout how they utilized that seating. Did you place folding tables in front of those two chairs to be able to utilize the seating space?
Wife, 2 kids and dog
RLD0361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum RLD0361! That's a nice floorplan. We don't have that same dining table with our 29bhs, so can't comment there. When spring comes where do plan to go for your maiden voyage?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #3

We live in the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY. We have reservations Memorial Day weekend at Sampson State Park, which is on Seneca Lake.
Wife, 2 kids and dog
Old 01-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #4

I have a 2010 Jayco 314 BDS love the floor plan. I have found that the extenda seat is kinda useless. :hihi: We do most of our eating outside. Weather permitting. Also I find the way the snaps hold the seat in are not snug enough. Their is always a gap which drives me nuts.. I have had problems with mine, (camper as a whole) but as of now appear to be ok, wont know until spring camping. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Before you take final delivery and you may wanna do this sooner then later, you should do your walk through and check everything thouroughly. Bring someone with you so when they are explaining overall operation someone else can point out any flaws that may be in camper. This way they can be fixed before you go camping thus not effecting your time camping. I have had tons of brake and cosmetic work inside, from walls not straight, to walls coming apart, valances not level, bed not level, problems with shower surround, mirror, power converter and air condtioning and Im sure there are more i cant remember. Make sure you feel cold air coming out of vents for A/C. They will just turn on and off and say its working, until its 95 and 100% humidity and it doesnt work. Then you will not be happy camper:lightning:. Send me message if you need any further advice. Good luck again. Although it sounds weird. I do love this camper, just way to many problems for something new.
lou1216gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #5

After reading your posting, I am having second thoughts about Jayco's quality, however, I purchased 2 other trailers from this dealer and have never had any services issues with them. What type of brake problems? I've read another posting stating they had braking issues also. Also, does the A/C do a decent job of keeping the unit comfortable in hot weather?
Wife, 2 kids and dog
Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLD0361 View Post
After reading your posting, I am having second thoughts about Jayco's quality, however, I purchased 2 other trailers from this dealer and have never had any services issues with them. What type of brake problems? I've read another posting stating they had braking issues also. Also, does the A/C do a decent job of keeping the unit comfortable in hot weather?
I would say not to worry about Jayco for the most part. There have been some people that have had issues (I would say mostly resolved through Jayco 2yr warranty), but those issues don't seem to be occuring with everyone posting here. I am one who had some brake issues (here) but of all the members we have had here posting, I am one of a very few that has complained about it. Do a search on "brakes" here at the forum and you might find a couple of more threads.

As for A/C, we have the 15k btu a/c and have camped in 110 degree temps. The a/c has one of the vents you can adjust to get the cold blast initially when you turn it on in the heat (if you need to physically be hit with cold when you turn it on). I think it took half an hour to where it was comfortable in the tt in that kind of heat (but that half hour we spent hooking up the tt). Hope this helps.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLD0361 View Post
That other post was also probably mine. Brake issuses were overheating and locking up/ hanging up. After numerous repairs, I believe the issue has been solved. A/C does good job, find that the bunk house area is little warmer during summer and cooler during winter. The other half of my issues were interior or poor craftsmanship. just because its a TT doesnt mean you shouldnt have pride in your craft. Maybe mine was built on friday or after christmas party..lol I mean they had to re-stud my walls cause they were not probably secured, thus causing 3 of my walls to come apart.
lou1216gc is offline   Reply With Quote