Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #1

New Jayco Feather 27RL Salt issue!

Just got a new 2018 Jayco Feather 27RL love the floor plan and all of its amenities. But it apparently took a good salt bath during shipping. Most of the exposed screws the springs,steps and gas lines got hit I've washed and painted some but wondered if there was a way to neutralize the salt before painting. This model has a covered belly so the frame is ok. Jayco says its my issue. Argh! Any ideas would be welcome.
ArkansasFeather17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #2

Try mixing baking soda in some soapy water to neutralize the salt.

Had to drive through IN and KY back in Dec. Could not believe the amount of salt that got caked on our truck---tires and wheel wells were solid white! Spent almost an hour crawling underneath the truck at a self-help car wash before I got it all rinsed off.

You get spoiled living in the desert SW. Rarely snows or rains--definitely no salt.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
Try mixing baking soda in some soapy water to neutralize the salt.

Had to drive through IN and KY back in Dec. Could not believe the amount of salt that got caked on our truck---tires and wheel wells were solid white! Spent almost an hour crawling underneath the truck at a self-help car wash before I got it all rinsed off.

You get spoiled living in the desert SW. Rarely snows or rains--definitely no salt.
I hear ya we live in South Arkansas rarely do we see enough snow for them to salt the roads. Thanks I will give it a try and buy several cans of black spray paint.
ArkansasFeather17 is offline   Reply With Quote