Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Is the leak under the sink? Did you try tightening the fittings? I had a leak where the braided line line connects to the pex line. It needed to be tightened.m
Yup, see post #27. Hopefully its done, but it was intermittently leaking so I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

theoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoat View Post
Our whole pick up of our trailer including signing paperwork and insurance was around 4 hours.
The tech claimed he was the only red seal tech there and couldn't set up the Equalizer hitch properly.

The unit was still winterized from the factory with the antifreeze in the lines (purchased in November), so clearly they didn't do a full PDI if any.

A lot of complaints on here seem to be first time RV buyers like myself who don't know what to look for.
Luckily I worked on the tools up until a few years ago so I fix a lot of the issues myself, otherwise the experience would be that much more painful.

The plus of buying new was I negotiated enough off that it was near the same price as buying one a few years old.
I'm still tweaking my equalizer hitch From what I've heard around here, very few have had a dealer set theirs up correctly. I've added and removed washers, changed the sway bar brackets (twice). I still have one more adjustment I think I'll make next week. Love that hitch though.. (as much as one can say such things about hitches

bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
I'm still tweaking my equalizer hitch From what I've heard around here, very few have had a dealer set theirs up correctly. I've added and removed washers, changed the sway bar brackets (twice). I still have one more adjustment I think I'll make next week. Love that hitch though.. (as much as one can say such things about hitches
It was highly recommended on my truck forum, so I email negotiated one in with the exact model # when I bought the trailer.

When we went to pick up the trailer there was a Fastway with a shelf price of 50% of the Equalizer waiting, so I took my email correspondence from my back pocket to the owners office who he claimed they referred to "WDH's" as "Equalizers", but made it right.

The tech used a tape measure but when I double checked later, one of the sway bracket mounts was 3.5" further back from the other and he used 2 washers when he was supposed to start with 6 I believe and told me it was good. My arse was sagging nicely

theoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nightmare, warranty, water leak