Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
OP, sorry to hear of your issues. We special ordered our 2017 28BHBE this past April. It has been flawless and we have been on four long outings so far. Our dealer did a thorough PDI with water and electric hookups. Did you test the water system during your PDI?

What things are now loose and broke after using it one time? Where those items checked during PDI?

Hope you get it sorted out. We love ours and have three more trips already planned this year.
The latches on the cabinet doors became unhinged with 2-3 pulls & some of the cabinets doors are chipping off -LED out door lights are half burnt out
So many things to mention - not sure what a PDI is but we had a quick walk thru when we picked it up -
Domfam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerCaptain View Post
Have the same model and got it around the same time.

-reversed polarity on 12v plug/Usb in the bedroom, it started smoking
-leaky kitchen sink
-water leaking under shower door
-missing hooks above storage seat
-cabinet doors installed crooked
-Velcro came off dining room cushions
-T in the tank interconnect came loose

Fixed them all myself but what a pain in the ass for a new trailer!
Very disturbing that so many people have been complaining - we took ours to the dealership to get fixed - but thinking next time something goes wrong it's not worth the fight with them to take it in
Old 08-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #23

Again sorry to hear. So many don't complain but there are a few here and there.

A PDI is the inspection you do before buying and leaving the dealer. Ours was about 2 hours and others have spent even more time. This allows you to test everything and usually have them fix anything on the spot. Mine didn't need anything fixed. Good luck. Is this your first camper? How old are your kids?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Again sorry to hear. So many don't complain but there are a few here and there.

A PDI is the inspection you do before buying and leaving the dealer. Ours was about 2 hours and others have spent even more time. This allows you to test everything and usually have them fix anything on the spot. Mine didn't need anything fixed. Good luck. Is this your first camper? How old are your kids?
This is our second Jayco . Kids are preteens
Old 08-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoat View Post
I've got a really small drip from my kitchen sink too (2015 26bhs) that's been used 6 nights, I just haven't been able to pinpoint the cause.
What did you do ? Has it been fixed?
Old 08-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domfam6 View Post
My trailer is up at my leased spot and I haven't had a chance to pinpoint the cause yet since it seems intermittent.
I will post up when/if I solve it though.
theoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domfam6 View Post
Finally found the intermittent leak.
Under the kitchen sink, cold water line on the black plastic fitting where it meets the brass male thread.

I backed it off, inspected the threads and re-attached a bit tighter by hand.
The brass male end has 2 flat sides w/o threads, so I guess the plastic flare type fitting on the plastic female end really has to seat well.

Hopefully that's the end of it.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #28

Our PDI lasted 5+ hours. Almost as long as the first new house I purchased. My day job is Quality Assurance Management, so I'm probably a *lot* more 'anal' about checking things out than most people... it annoys my family sometimes, but it was time very well spent. No warranty issues to report so far.

Good luck getting yours fixed up.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Our PDI lasted 5+ hours. Almost as long as the first new house I purchased. My day job is Quality Assurance Management, so I'm probably a *lot* more 'anal' about checking things out than most people... it annoys my family sometimes, but it was time very well spent. No warranty issues to report so far.

Good luck getting yours fixed up.
Our whole pick up of our trailer including signing paperwork and insurance was around 4 hours.
The tech claimed he was the only red seal tech there and couldn't set up the Equalizer hitch properly.

The unit was still winterized from the factory with the antifreeze in the lines (purchased in November), so clearly they didn't do a full PDI if any.

A lot of complaints on here seem to be first time RV buyers like myself who don't know what to look for.
Luckily I worked on the tools up until a few years ago so I fix a lot of the issues myself, otherwise the experience would be that much more painful.

The plus of buying new was I negotiated enough off that it was near the same price as buying one a few years old.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #30

Quote:
I've got a really small drip from my kitchen sink too (2015 26bhs) that's been used 6 nights, I just haven't been able to pinpoint the cause.
Is the leak under the sink? Did you try tightening the fittings? I had a leak where the braided line line connects to the pex line. It needed to be tightened.

EDIT: I see you found the problem.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Is the leak under the sink? Did you try tightening the fittings? I had a leak where the braided line line connects to the pex line. It needed to be tightened.m
Yup, see post #27. Hopefully its done, but it was intermittently leaking so I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #32

Quote:
Our whole pick up of our trailer including signing paperwork and insurance was around 4 hours.
The tech claimed he was the only red seal tech there and couldn't set up the Equalizer hitch properly.

The unit was still winterized from the factory with the antifreeze in the lines (purchased in November), so clearly they didn't do a full PDI if any.

A lot of complaints on here seem to be first time RV buyers like myself who don't know what to look for.
Luckily I worked on the tools up until a few years ago so I fix a lot of the issues myself, otherwise the experience would be that much more painful.

The plus of buying new was I negotiated enough off that it was near the same price as buying one a few years old.
I'm still tweaking my equalizer hitch From what I've heard around here, very few have had a dealer set theirs up correctly. I've added and removed washers, changed the sway bar brackets (twice). I still have one more adjustment I think I'll make next week. Love that hitch though.. (as much as one can say such things about hitches
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
I'm still tweaking my equalizer hitch From what I've heard around here, very few have had a dealer set theirs up correctly. I've added and removed washers, changed the sway bar brackets (twice). I still have one more adjustment I think I'll make next week. Love that hitch though.. (as much as one can say such things about hitches
It was highly recommended on my truck forum, so I email negotiated one in with the exact model # when I bought the trailer.

When we went to pick up the trailer there was a Fastway with a shelf price of 50% of the Equalizer waiting, so I took my email correspondence from my back pocket to the owners office who he claimed they referred to "WDH's" as "Equalizers", but made it right.

The tech used a tape measure but when I double checked later, one of the sway bracket mounts was 3.5" further back from the other and he used 2 washers when he was supposed to start with 6 I believe and told me it was good. My arse was sagging nicely

Tags
nightmare, warranty, water leak