Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #1

New Jayco / travel trailer owner questions

I just purchased my very first travel trailer, which is a 2001 Jayco Eagle 256D. It has some water damage so I'm going to need to do a lot of fixing up, but I have a few questions that I thought I would ask the experts about.
1) Where can I buy vinyl panels for the walls and ceiling?
2) Where is the slide out controls? I've checked the owners manual which says "Locate the slide out controls"- not much help. I thought usually they are on the wall, close to the slide out but no such luck in finding them. I think it's electrical, as I can see wires running under the seat in the slide out, but not 100% sure.
3) Where can I buy misc. parts such as lens covers, ac/vents, etc.

I got a great deal on this thing and am wanting to fix it up so that we can travel to the Keys for lobster season, so any help / suggestions would be great for this newbie.

Thanks,
Kevin
CabinetGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #2

New Jayco / travel trailer owner questions

Congrats on your purchase! I don't have the same model, however my slide control is just inside the front door near the tank monitors.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
Congrats on your purchase! I don't have the same model, however my slide control is just inside the front door near the tank monitors.
Thanks! Actually it's manual, not electric. I found the locking bar underneath and the 2 release mechanisms at which point I just shove it out
CabinetGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #4

Wow, don't think I've every seen a manual slide on a trailer. Especially that new and being a top of line trailer, I can't believe it wasn't electric. That had to be some type of one off or special order or something.

As far as the parts go. You can look at Tweety's (they sponsor this forum), PPL Motorhomes, Mark's RV, Dyers RV, Amazon, and ebay. Over the years I've purchased from all of them with good service and prices from all depending upon what it was.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #5

If you contact info@jayco.com they can get you the original schematics and possibly an owners manual on your trailer. My husband and I refurbished an older trailer a few years back and we quickly found that buying RV specific stuff was very expensive, so we bought at Home Depot whenever possible. For example Home Depot carries white wallboard panels that work on the ceiling, and also vinyl coated ones as well. If they don't match exactly. You can buy plain non vinyl ones and then purchase wallpaper and recover them. I would check on the slide in case it is electrical. The electric ones can be pulled out manually.. So maybe you just haven't found the switch yet. Enjoy your project and welcome to the forum.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #6

For generic parts, try Adventure RV. I find their prices a selection very good, also Amazon has many of them. A delear will often have catalogs listing all kinds of parts.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote