Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #11

Hi SafetyLady:

So far the unit is great.
When you are ready to pick yours, check and verify the following things with the person doing the walkthrough:
1) My unit came with no keys and the dealership ordered one overnight few days before I went to get the unit. They should give you two set of keys and if one is missing they should order another set for you. They did that to us.
2) Verify that the Electric Hitch is properly grounded. I spoke to a person who is a mechanic and lifting the leg completely should not blow any fuse. Test the electric hitch when you get there.
3) After we went camping the same weekend, the TV in the living room areas cannot be attached to the lock that will prevent it to move while the vehicle is in montion. It looks like the body of the tv is a little big and the corners of the tv is hitting the wall ( brick decorater wall) . I just went to HomeDepot and bout a Velcro strap to keep the tv safe. If the unit that you got is the one that you press a button to lift the tv, then you should not worry.
Other than that.. is a wonderful unit. Have fun with it.

orlstgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlstgo View Post
Hello Tom and thank you for your reply.

Yes, it was an awesome show and I did bought one from RVOne in Tampa. The new renovation at the dealership are amazing, but I can see some growing pains there. When I went to pick up the camper, the had the wrong work order, so few things that I wanted done are now on hold until the service department reopen.

It will take them some time to adjust to the new management because I heard that RV One kept a lot of employees from Bates, but other than that, the experience with them was good.
The renovations are looking great! They sent me an e-mail late last week asking for a quick testimony and would send me a gift card for $100. Filled it out and the card came right away! Waiting for the parts department to open to spend it.
Sean, the Salesman I was dealing with worked at Bates before the sale...However the Tech that did the PDI was a transfer from Orlando.
Did you buy at the show?

Tom
2014 Jay Flight Swift 294 BHS
2012 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlstgo View Post
...the TV in the living room areas cannot be attached to the lock that will prevent it to move while the vehicle is in montion. It looks like the body of the tv is a little big and the corners of the tv is hitting the wall ( brick decorater wall) . I just went to HomeDepot and bout a Velcro strap to keep the tv safe. If the unit that you got is the one that you press a button to lift the tv, then you should not worry.
Other than that.. is a wonderful unit. Have fun with it.
We have the same unit on order, from the same dealership that SafetyLady is using too. It sounds like you have the TV that mounts above the fireplace - that's what we ordered, but haven't actually see one yet. Is the TV on a swivel that pivots towards the theater seating? With it not locking back into place, is it the TV that's too big or is it poor placement within the area it's designed to be in?

Thanks!

robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote