Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #1

New Locks

2016 Jayflight 23RB
spoke with a locksmith today and they can change out my storage compartment locks for 10.00 per which think is great
NO offense just don't want you fine folk checking out the Misses personals
Gettting away from the 751 cores they also said there was no upgrades to change the door locks to a better grade?
Anyone tell me they are wrong and what you might suggest?
Thanks
Soltice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #2

Soltice,

If you have the Global keys, you can actually get replacement cam locks for the storage doors from RV Locks and More that will match your entry door key. They even have keys with a small led in them for those last night returns when the porch light was not turned on. Think the 2 cam locks cost maybe $10 + the s/h. Very easy to replace. Just need to measure the length of the cyclinder as explained on their website to get the correct cam locks.

We went from 4 keys for our rig down to 2. I swapped all the entry door cyclinders and storage door cam locks to match the outdoor kitchen. Only the outdoor shower is still the 751 key. The cyclinder was to short to swap that out to match the others.

Concerning the door lock quality, not sure if there is something better available. Unfortunately if someone wants in, they are getting in...

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

I bought these a couple weeks ago.
Robot Check

Easy to install, no key, works great.
gburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

New locks

Thank
I am just curious if there is a better door lock available
Jayco retains a master for all their trailers but that's not to say one doesn't go missing
As for getting into the trailer true enough but I have no intention on making it easy and I'm in law enforcement
Soltice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltice View Post
Thank
I am just curious if there is a better door lock available
Jayco retains a master for all their trailers but that's not to say one doesn't go missing
As for getting into the trailer true enough but I have no intention on making it easy and I'm in law enforcement

Soltice, nice to see a fellow LEO on here. Changing out the ch751 key is the first step to security. In reality though, the weak point is the door, not the lock. No matter what lock you put on, a pry bar is going to get it open in seconds. I worry more about mine getting broken into at home than I do in the campground. I'm changing all my locks out simply for the convenience of having one key. Best protection is simply good insurance and removing valuables when not in use. Stay safe and watch your 6!