Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #1

New member with question

Guys...I am new to the forum and Jayco and not sure how to start a thread. We had to downsize from Numar 37 foot motor home to a trailer due to chsnge in my business. We just bought a x17R and think we will love it. My questions are two. 1. I will be pulling with a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe (375 HP). The trailer has a Curt stabilzer system. I think Im on the edge of weight range but will be checking weights carfully. 2. What is what appears to be an audio jack above each pull out sleeping area? Nothing in the manuals. Thx for listening to a newby.
Rjhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:30 PM   #2

Those jacks are for fan/light accessories for the bunks .

https://www.amazon.com/Lumitronics-C...59969416&psc=1
Old 02-20-2022, 09:24 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. FYI, you started a thread. This is a great place for knowledge and to get to know different things. In addition, we have the best Moderators on the net. They work hard to assure that this Forum is about RV issues only.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:26 AM   #4
Site Team

Here: is a link to the Forum admin and announcements. Read some of the "sticky" threads and others in that section for some good info on getting familiars with the forum. If you need a specific question answered many members and any Moderator can help ya!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f23/
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 06:47 PM   #5

RJ, welcome aboard!

For your first question, my two cents this is exactly how we got into a trailer and our truck. We had a Rubicon and were looking for a trailer, however their towing capacity is maxed out at 3500lbs. The 4Xe has a lot of torque and that will help you up hills etc. however towing is about weight, length and width of the tow vehicle for safety and control/stability. The only way that trailer is under is totally dry, but its JUST under. Normally you want to have no more than 80% of your tow capacity used when fully wet (total GVWR). The WDH wouldn't make it any safer to do and you could never carry water etc.

The Jeeps just cannot safely do it and get maxed too quick, hence our move to the truck and well a bigger (but small) trailer. A smaller off road trailer weighing in around 1500-2000 with roof top tent is the max I would recommend. I honestly wouldn't even recommend that with the cooling issues most have (not the 4Xe thankfully) with the mts out here in the west.