Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Am I missing something, yesterday you started this thread about a new Jayco you are looking at

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20677

And just 48 hrs earlier you are dropping negative comments on another's members thread.

What gives.

ON TT yes the quality sucked ... going back to a popup i had three other Popups from Jayco with no problems at all but this Jayco TT 154 BH has been a nightmare by the way i sold it on craigslist in 2 hours for only $150 less than i bought it a year ago new
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #22

and clubhouse i never said Jayco sucked i just said this TT 154bh sucked ....
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #23

@ bailee21 -- I am very happy that you know what you want, and more importantly where able to sell your 154BH so quickly without any significant loss. That is impressive.

I just spent a few minutes reading your previous posts trying too see what you had to deal with that left you with the opinion that Jayco can produce a quality pop-up but not a travel trailer. I was surprised that I didn't find much in your posts to enlighten me. You did make a mention of a lock being changed three times and a problem with a sink, but didn't elaborate what the issues were. You also mentioned that you thought the problems were really with the way the dealer stored the unit on their lot and that they were difficult to work with after the purchase.

I'm not saying Jayco is perfect, but my experience with 2 Jayco TT has shown me Jayco at a minimum builds trailers of comparable if not better quality than industry as a whole. I am aware of folks on this forum who have had significant issues, and in nearly every case Jayco or their respective dealers corrected the problems. Some took consider work to correct, but were corrected none the less. So clearly a bad unit gets out periodically that never should have -- and for that I am happy they offer a 2 year warranty.

Can I suggest you start a separate thread sharing what issues you had with your 154BH so other prospective buyers may have a heads up and can be on the look out?

Lastly I never used the word "sucked" in any of my remarks till just now. If there was any mention of "Jayco sucks" or your "154BH sucked" those all came from you.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #24

ok well thanks guys for clearing that up
Socalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #25

I think even some people would be unhappy with a Ferrari as well
2012 Mitsubishi Fuso canter fe160
Me, wife, girl, boy
Fawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #26

lol that is true....so lets get back to the question at hand.....who likes their 184bh Baja lol
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalken View Post
lol that is true....so lets get back to the question at hand.....who likes their 184bh Baja lol
I do!, I do!...
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #28

lol ok good! what have you done to her?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #29

Take a gander over here: Canuck Newbie Mods
Old 07-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #30

We love our 184BH Baja. Mom, Dad, 7-year-old and 5-year-old boys.

We've taken five weekend trips in the Western Washington area since the middle of May. Summer camping in the Pacific Northwest is glorious. Not too hot, very few bugs. We haven't turned on the A/C yet. So we don't spend much time actually in the trailer so we don't need a whole lot of room.

But if it rains (it did on one trip) it's fantastic to have a comfortable refuge.

Our favorite feature is the very large dinette. It has a bigger table than most travel trailers, even those trailers that are much larger. The four of us easily fit around the table and there's plenty of room for eating, games, Legos, etc. Our boys love the bunk beds; we like them too because it's easy to get the boys out of the way in bed and then my wife and I have a little room to get ready for bed. Process reversed in the morning.

Our main and favorite mod has been Threebutchers' design to make it easier to raise and lower the dinette to convert it to a bed using a dowel and some hitch pins. Threebutchers has provided step by step instructions in a great post.