Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #1

New owner 184bh baja edition

Just picked up a new 2014 184bh Baja Edition. really like it. went to Mammoth for our fist outing. some little snags but overall very nice. Anyone have tips on this trailer? Thanks for havin me
Socalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #2

I love my Baja 184bh. What snags? Get a BIG block to put your trailer tongue jack on so you can accommodate the "lift". Also don't drop it on your bumper of your friggin brand new grand Cherokee. I mean um what? Also get a foot for your tongue jack too. I find the refer is very very efficient on propane and hot water tank too. The pantry doors blow open if you put a heavy item in there i.e. A heavy bottle of Caesar mix! The tank sensors are misleading except fresh. She is a well behaved lil trailer congrats!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2012 Mitsubishi Fuso canter fe160
Me, wife, girl, boy
Fawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #3

just had a small leak in the sink area. Before we knew it water was all over the counter and the counter swelled by the door other than that everything was fine. Going to inspect everything again in the next few days and make a list of all the little things that are not up to par and bring it in for service. I'm so glad you like yours. I didn't drop it on my bumper yet!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #4

Sucks on the leak and swollen counter! Yeah she's a beauty just needs some outdoor speakers and it's perfect! My trailer dropping belongs in the bonehead thread it's a funny/embarrassing/painful story. What do you tow yours with?
Me, wife, girl, boy
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #5

I tow mine with chevy silverado 2500hd diesel. can't even feel the trailer
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #6

Oh and I find the propane tank needs a better mount than two bolts thru a weak crossmember. But it's nice to have 30lb.
Me, wife, girl, boy
Old 07-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #7

Whoo duramax!!! I bet you can't!
Me, wife, girl, boy
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #8

Lol ya I kept looking back to see if it was still there. Any warranty issues? How long have u owned her?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #9

Ya the propane tank is a bit janky. I was just thinking about how to make a better mount.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #10

I have a broken bezel on the a/c unit. One wooden crossmember over fresh tank was broken. Fixed by dealer on the spot. Other than that nooooo. Not yet. I took delivery may 3rd been camping four weekends now. Used all systems bathed the children tested the stabilizers froze some food (don't forget to turn down the fridge!) even washed her after we got back two nights ago and no leaks!
Me, wife, girl, boy
Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 AM   #11

Oh cool I'm so glad to hear. I will wash her on Wednesday and do inspection. Then get her cover on
Old 07-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #12

Keep me posted. The fun part is innovating ideas to maximize your space in there. There's a few guys on this forum who have done some really neat stuff. A guy named threebutchers has a 154 with tons of mods and links to how and what he did. Plus many others with good ideas on how to make it your own!
Me, wife, girl, boy
Old 07-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #13

Welcome Socalken...sounds like you're enjoying your 184BH baja.

I just started a community for Jayfilght SLX line owners....hopefully a check-in point for mods, likes, challenges specific to our line...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=37

Hope you both will drop by...more the better
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #14

thanks I checked out all the mods.......very cool!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #15

Also have a new 184BH

Congrats on the new trailer! Our family of four just got a new 184BH Baja in the middle of May and we've been on four weekend trips so far. We just love the trailer.

As noted above, Threebutchers has posted some great modifications. I followed his step by step instructions for improving the table/bed usability by installing a support dowel (to hold up the table while fiddling with the legs) and hitch pins to lock the table in an upright position. It works great; it is now so much easier to convert the dinette. I added one feature to that mod: I got a small rubber mallet from the dollar bin at the hardware store to use to open and close the support bracket under the table to avoid pinched fingers. We store the little mallet by pushing its handle into one of those broom-handle metal bracket thingies that are usually used to store brooms upright. I installed the bracket under the dinette seat right behind where your legs go when you sit down in the dinette. Out of the way but readily available. A little thing but makes it just a little bit easier to put the table up and down.

I also installed a one half of a Swagman RV bumper bike rack next to the spare tire to hold a portable waste tank when we take it along on trips where we may need to empty our tanks before we break camp. Before, we hauled the portable tank in the bathtub. I secure the portable tank to the bracket with a ratchet strap. The strap holds the tank tight in a vertical position and it doesn't even lean against the RV.

After four trips, we just love the trailer. We are a family of four: Mom, Dad, and five-year-old and six-year-old boys. The trailer works very well for us. Of course, there's not a lot of room for us to move around inside, but the way we use it, it works fine. The bunks are great for the boys because we can put them to bed and get them out of the way and then my wife and I have room to move around to get ready ourselves.

One feature we really like is the very large dinette. There is plenty of room for the four of us to sit there and play games, eat, etc. if it's rainy outside. To us, this is one of the best features of the trailer. Many dinettes, even in much larger trailers or RVs, are quite a bit smaller.

Towing with my 1997 Toyota 4Runner has been no problem.

Overall, a great value. Have fun!
PugetSoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #16

great ideas thanks! it sound like you are making it your own! any issues? do you have water collecting on the counter after using the sink?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #17

i just sold mine i will never buy a TT from Jayco again very very upset with the quality
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #18

so sorry to hear that you probably got a lemon mine seems to be fine so far a couple of glitches but what do you expect with a new unit. Even my new truck had glitches.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailee21 View Post
i just sold mine i will never buy a TT from Jayco again very very upset with the quality
Am I missing something, yesterday you started this thread about a new Jayco you are looking at

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20677

And just 48 hrs earlier you are dropping negative comments on another's members thread.

What gives.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #20

yes that is strange