Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #1

New 'Quest' Series TT

Comments/opinions on the new 'Swift' line of lower priced travel trailers would be appreciated. Looking at one and while the lower price is welcome, want to make sure not too many corners were cut. Any owners out there?
Big Bad John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you talking about the "Swift" lineup?

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/tr...ler.php?id=251
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #3

Yes you are right, I meant the "Swift" line. Thanks for catching that.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Site Team

The Swift line has only two floorplans. They are the same floorplans as the Jayflight 19BH and 26 BH with less frills and fewer available options. The Jayflight lineup offers many more floorplans and available package/option configurations.

The Swift SLX lineup are single axle liteweight trailers also with less frills, smaller cargo capacity, smaller holding tanks then the Jayfeather lineup to keep the weights and price down. These lines are fairly new, but there have been several new members post here about their Swifts.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #5

This is our first TT and so far we have 0 complaints! We had a new Livin Lite Quicksilver prior to this and had many many complaints. I have done several "upgrades/Mods" and enjoy every min doing so. We purchased the "Middle" package as ours came with 20lb tanks vs the 30 on the "higher" level. The one level above ours also had outside speakers and 16" tires vs the 15" on ours. The level "under" ours did not come with stabilizer jacks, lined shower, outside shower, or an oven. Let me know if you have any specific questions I will be glad to answer if I can.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
The Swift line has only two floorplans. They are the same floorplans as the Jayflight 19BH and 26 BH with less frills and fewer available options. The Jayflight lineup offers many more floorplans and available package/option configurations.

The Swift SLX lineup are single axle liteweight trailers also with less frills, smaller cargo capacity, smaller holding tanks then the Jayfeather lineup to keep the weights and price down. These lines are fairly new, but there have been several new members post here about their Swifts.
Actually the brochure shows 5 floor plans, but the web site only shows 2. Not sure if the others are not out yet??

http://www.jayco.com/pdfs/prod_brochure_filename_86.pdf

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #7

@NACSKINS

My first question - that couch! Do you find the close proximity of the one sitting position to the cabinetry a problem in terms of leg room and comfort? It was the first thing that jumped out at us.

Also, when opened into a bed, does it provide an actual comfortable sleeping surface. Any of the jack-knife couches on other models feel strange when you try to lay down, as the back is usually a different firmness than the seat.

There is one at our local (Canadian) dealer for 15,995 (not sure how well appointed it is compared to yours). I suspect that if it isn't sold there may be more discounts as fall approaches.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad John View Post
@NACSKINS

My first question - that couch! Do you find the close proximity of the one sitting position to the cabinetry a problem in terms of leg room and comfort? It was the first thing that jumped out at us.

Also, when opened into a bed, does it provide an actual comfortable sleeping surface. Any of the jack-knife couches on other models feel strange when you try to lay down, as the back is usually a different firmness than the seat.

There is one at our local (Canadian) dealer for 15,995 (not sure how well appointed it is compared to yours). I suspect that if it isn't sold there may be more discounts as fall approaches.

There is only 3 of us... well 4 that go camping. My wife, my 7 year old daughter and a 65 lb boxer and myself. We do not... should i say have not had to... spend a lot of time in the camper. Quick meals, maybe a litte time to cool down on very hot days. 2 weekends ago we went to the coast and had two friends stop by and ate dinner in the TT. My wife daughter and my buddys gfriend sat at the dinette. My buddy and myself sat on the couch and we had plenty of room. We are going to the coast on Labor day weekend and they are planning on crashing in the TT so my buddy took the J-Steel for a "test" drive and said he would love to sleep there. I have also tried it out several times and find it more comfortable than i originally believed. I do believe the back is a lille more "plush" than the seat but dont think it would hinder my sleeping. May have to try it out one night and get back to ya. We purchased ours in the begining of April (what i believed to be the peak time for dealers) and paid 14,100 and some change out the door. plus a $250 gift card to cabellas ... which happens to be right next door to the dealership.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #9

With 13% HST the "out the door" price here would be just over $18k! Considering our dollar is at par with U.S. and sometimes a little more valuable, I find a 4K spread a bit hard to swallow.

Thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling the price was a bit rich, even by Canadian standards. I am glad to hear you are happy with the camper.

I have also read some comments about water streaming down the side of the camper from the A/C unit, and the filter being impossible to change. True?? My dealer's info sheet says "rooftop" A/C but this unit appears to have a wall unit.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #10

That is the other difference, I believe the higher end model had extended gutters and the lower end had none while ours has short gutters. I purchased snap on extender gutters from a local RV parts store for less than 9 dollars and plan on putting them on with some silicone this coming weekend. Without the extended gutters yes it does run down, I put the front end a slight bit higher and angle slightly to the street side when I can and it’s no problem at all. After I put the extenders on I can post how they do. My buddy has a 5er prowler and he put close pins on his gutters that are the same as mine after he read online that it works and so far for him it’s worked pretty well. We have the 13, 5000 BTU Coleman Mach Ducted rooftop ac, so far in temps over 100 and last weekend at an RV park with no shade had no problems at all, never gets above 75 during the day and gets down to 65 at night on high cool. Many times have had to turn the AC down because it gets to cool. To get to the filter only have to unscrew the 4 corner screws and take the cover off. Impossible no, difficult no. IMHO I have taken it out twice and clean it. I will likely solicit advice soon on cleaning or making sure the coils are clean. I started a thread about a month ago about using a diff filter but am still pondering the idea. I believe the smaller 19 and 15 maybe have the side ac units and I think there is a recall on them also. Should be in the Recall section. I also purchased the $15 eBay fridge fan and plan on installing this weekend, although not necessary. Even in this heat fridge and freezer stay plenty cold, going to install so I can turn down, keep the same coldness and allow the fridge not to work as hard.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #11

AC recall

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=3720

AC Filter

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ghlight=filter

Also good info

A/C Bolts - (not a recall, but informative - many affected)

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=2880
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
Actually the brochure shows 5 floor plans, but the web site only shows 2. Not sure if the others are not out yet??

http://www.jayco.com/pdfs/prod_brochure_filename_86.pdf
Correct. The "Swift" line has 2 floorplans. The "Swift SLX" lineup has 3 floorplans. On the website they are under 2 different categories. The Swift line is a regular TT where the Swift SLX line is a liteweight TT.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Correct. The "Swift" line has 2 floorplans. The "Swift SLX" lineup has 3 floorplans. On the website they are under 2 different categories. The Swift line is a regular TT where the Swift SLX line is a liteweight TT.
That is why we keep you around Crabby!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
That is why we keep you around Crabby!
And you better be nice to me too!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #15