Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #1

new to forum

We are looking at an 2009 jayco 31bhds, its a left over. going tomarrrow night to try and work price. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with ths model or jaycos in general. Right now we have an outback and have been chasing leak after leak. it kinda takes the fun out off camping. thanks for any input you can give. John
WELLCRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco forum! I do not have that model trailer, but I am sure someone on here has that model and will be able to answer your questions. Hopefully before you head to the dealer.
As far as Jayco in general, I have had a couple of very MINOR issues, but I think you find that all manufacture will have some minor issues.
Since you are looking at a left over model, you will have the warranty to cover any problems you may have.
The trailer that I purchased was a left over model and the two minor issues I had were taken care of by the dealer. One rim was covered with rust spots after about 6 months. They replaced that rim.
The wallpaper border behind our sink started to bubble and lift. Our dealer replaced the border AND placed plexiglass under the window to protect the border from doing the same.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #3

We had the same kitchen faucet that you have....we replaced it with a standard "stick shift" chrome home model faucet, it will fit like it was meant to be. We found that the high faucet spallered all over and were constantly wiping down the counter and wall.
Just a thought.
Mark, KB9OPW
Deb, KC9SCA
markndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #4

That looks really good behind the sink, is that something your dealer made or can you by it already cut to fit? We are still talking with dealer, trying to get them to move a little more on price. Does anyone know if the slide out tray/bike rack that is on the 2010 31bhds will fit the 2009? the dealer is trying to get an answer from jayco but they have not called back yet.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #5

The dealer cut it to fit in our unit. I do not remember the size they bought, but it is about 4 feet long and 1/16" thick and sealed all around the plexiglass.
I do not know the answer about the bike rack, so I can not help you there. Sorry.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #6

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum John! I sure wish we could have one of those pull out bike racks on our tt. They're pretty nice. Hope you can get an answer on whether the rack will work on your new tt. If so, maybe you can get the dealer to throw one if for you as part of the deal
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #7

Now looking at the 2010. the dealer would not move on the 09 left over. We can get the 2010 for about 2300.00 more. With the rack, ladder, roller draws. Tried to make deal on the 09 for there asking price and asked them to thow in outside grill and swap out electric awning for manual. They would not move. We were willing to go with left over because the dealer is so close and has a good rep. for there service.