Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

New to forum: question regarding 294BHS

Hello Everyone,

Spent years camping with family and climbing the "RV Ladder"... started with ground tenting... moved to Pop Up..... moved to Hybrid (never again)... now moving to an honest TT.

We are scheduled to pick up our Jayco Flight Swift 294BHS this coming Wednesday. No papers signed so the deal is not done. My question for those with experience: Is the floor decking on this TT 5/8 inch solid plywood, or is it the thin Luan pieces with foam sandwiched between them? I cannot tell from the website which it is. The "Flight" brochure says 5/8" tongue and groove plywood decking... but the "Swift" just says 5/8" decking. To me that could mean 5/8" of sandwich decking OR it could mean actual plywood.

This may break the deal if it is the sandwich material. This is why I ask.

I belonged to the Forest River forums for a long time. I have found through reading the threads on this forum that this place is just as friendly and willing to help as any forum I've been on! Great community you have here.

Thank you for any help on this. From searching so far, I think I have found exactly ONE other person who has purchased the 294BHS. Kinda scary...

James
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.....I can not be of any help to your question as I'm new as well. I just know what my trailer has...

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.

I would be willing to bet the Swift has a plywood floor, I`m sure someone here will confirm or contact Jayco they could for sure.
The foam/luan sandwich floor you are describing usually has a different support system, not the 2x3 wood joists that the Swift has.

Here is a description of the sandwich floor in the Jayfeather which is a "liteweight" where those floors are usually found.

FLOOR CONSTRUCTION
Vacuum-bonded laminated layers: Backed by computer monitoring and constant quality control checks, Jayco prides itself on a solid foundation
Norco NextGen frame: Features industry's strongest strength-to-weight ratio thanks to high-strength, low-alloy sheet steel, huck bolts and interlocking design
Innovative A-frame: Fully integrated, and not welded, prevents buckling
Bead-foam insulation (R-9): Maintains interior temperatures
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #4

Thank you both! The dealership business manager told me the floors were solid and of much better build than the Hybrid I am coming from.... but I take what I'm told from dealers with a grain of salt.

I will try to contact Jayco today and see what they say about that particular model.

James
Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #5

Call Jayco. When I was shopping I had questions about Jay Flight vs. Swift differences that no one seem to know the answer of. The lady at Jayco support was VERY helpful.

FWIW. On a side note. The Swift (at least on the 32BHDS) does NOT have ducted AC or heat. That was the deal breaker for me.
campingn.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #6

Thank you for your reply!
I am going to give Jayco a call to just make sure.

As for ducted AC and Heat, the 294BHs does have it...made sure of that before even looking any closer at one.

James
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #7

".... but I take what I'm told from dealers with a grain of salt." You're a pro!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote