Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #21

Given what I have been told I will hold off on the 110 for the fridge. I opened the area in the lower bunk to have a look and it's almost completely empty just some wires and not many to boot. I want this area to use as treasure chest for my kids toys. I still want to use the area below the slide where the motor is aswell but I'm not sure how to access it.

I bought a Hengs Vortex 2 fan for the bathroom. The Fantastic fan option is too expensive for my liking.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #22

I've never heard about having to close the propane valve while towing but I don't tow in Canada. I've had one kind of RV or another for the last 15 years and my fridge is always on propane and when it's cold outside I run the furnace too. I even leave the water heater on most of the time. Of course I have to shut it all down when I fill the gas tank.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #23

Running with the hot water and heat!? That seems excessive. Takes all of 42s to heat up.
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #24

For the water (and leaves/pine needles) on top of the slides (and awning), I use a battery-powered leaf blower. Cleans it all off in a few short minutes.
JoeTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #25

I didn't read all the comments so I apologize if I'm duplicating. I usually will intentionally park with the slide side slightly lower if it's wet out. Also, hook up the TV before you put the slide in. Raising and lowering the RV will allow most of the water to run off.

Noisy water pumps are often caused by vibrating water lines. Try to find the vibration and either add some clamps to secure it better or fit it with some pipe insulation.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #26

I mounted the water pump to a urathane Mat then attached the mat to the floor. Doing that removed like 90% of the noise. Problem solved.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote