Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyUtah324 View Post
Jim,

This past fall I purchased this exact 2021 model as my wife and I loved the design. I know I am going to get beat up here and by no means condone this but I did tow this trailer 3 times before winter with my 2018 GMC Denali 1500 with the 6.2l and some installed airbags. The trailer was towed from PA to Central New York where I live as well as to Cape Code and again to the Adirondack Mountains and I had no absolutely no issues. (luck, yes probably)

With that said, I know this truck is too light for this application, however this is a leased vehicle that I am trading in this summer to purchase a 2500 of some brand yet to be determined . Yes the trailer is huge but we loved the layout and are in the midst of planning a cross-country trip this coming summer once I retire and I have full confidence that with the truck/trailer combination, it will meet our needs perfectly.

Hope this helps...please feel free to reach out with any additional questions you may have about this trailer. Good luck....Shawn
Thanks Shawn
We love the layout also. It is our favorite that we have seen. The truck will tow it fine but we need to figure out what type of places we will stay at. Our Class C we did a lot of smaller trips and boondocked quite a bit. Would like to do a couple of cross country trips with what ever trailer we get. Guess you just have to make your route to where you can stay with a longer trailer. Most my friends tell us it is too large. Why do we want something so big. I want to feel like home when we are on the road for a month or longer. Our Class C was a 23ft and got real small real fast..
Mitziebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:39 PM   #22

Totally understand and we too like to feel like home. We have booked about 65 days thus far of our trip and have had no issues finding places to accommodate the size of the coach (40'), but with that said most are in RV parks with full hook-ups and a few Harvest Host nights where we will boondock. One tip is relative to the residential refrigerator if you do go this route and choose this option is the ability to boondock with the 120v/ac refrigerator. There is a built-in inverter when purchased with this refrigerator but our experience with the lead acid house batteries while boondocking in colder weather was a tough learning lesson when the batteries died and our furnace blower did not function. With that said I just purchased two Battleborn 100ah lithium batteries that will perform much better in the short boondocking parts of our trip.
Shawn
JohnyUtah324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #23

I got a 330 RTRS and I pulled with a Ford F-350 single rear tire, yes it's a little long but I love all the extra space I have camped in several state parks and haven't had a problem with length yet, as far as boondocking I have it done yet plan on doing it this summer do your research there are plenty of places for boondocking for a longer TT one night stays across the country check out harvest host
Hope you enjoy your longer jayco just like I have have fun
Jhimes56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:12 PM   #24

Hi and welcome. We are full time and have what we think is the perfect TT 2018 265RLS. It is 31' and we tow with a Ram hemi 1500. Never had a problem and over 60,000 miles.
Look at my pictures on our page.
maxdonport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:29 PM   #25

We have a 2018 338rets that is nearly 40' and is towed with a 2018 F250 Powerstroke SRW crew cab short bed. We consistently take it on long trips including a 6,000 mile western trip last summer. After getting the weight distribution/sway control hitch dialed in properly at the CAT scales it tows great, even on several 12 hour long stretches. We use a Blue Ox hitch, but I think if you're using a Hensley hitch you will be extremely happy with the TT. We don't have issues finding spots large enough and we love the space inside the trailer. I am happy with the Jayco overall, but I went into it knowing there would be issues (because they all do). I am a contractor also and spend a fair amount of time fixing things on a regular basis, but most things are minor.
Wonderment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:27 PM   #26

We think anything bigger than 7 X 16 is too big. ; ) We love our little rig, have no desire for a TV, and like to keep things simple. Must say, though, on long rainy days those big rigs with amazing accouterments look pretty spacious. : )

Hope you find something perfect just for you. Happy trails!
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #27

Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Have you considered a 5th wheel? You can have a lot of room, more storage, and be pulling at a shorter length behind your TV. The towing experience is way better than a TT. The hook and unhook is much easier. I have had 3 Travel trailers and my last 3 have been 5th wheels. Unless you just have to have the bed free to haul stuff I would consider one. They make some really nice floor plans and the heated under bellies are nice. Jayco has the HT line that I have that now has the fulltimer warranty like the Northpoint/Pinnacle. Have fun looking for what you decide on, happy camping, and God Bless.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:30 PM   #28

330RSTS upgrades

We have the 2020 330rsts. We store ours in Myrtle Beach area and have it towed to the Campground. It is the best , roomiest camper we have ever owned. Ours has the auto levelers so it is a breeze to set up. I have done some additions to ours to make it even more comfortable. As far as towing ,if we decide to, I can't see much difference in a 40 ft class a pulling a trailer or truck.
Will try to post pics.
Attached Thumbnails
1025191527e_Film1.jpg   20201013_091616.jpg   20201115_130158.jpg   20201120_153413.jpg   20201119_165220.jpg  

20201117_160841.jpg   20201117_160922.jpg  
Dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:09 AM   #29

Awe man, sorry to hear. My mobility is challenged too, and yeah, tinnitus is a thing.

I was just sharing my preferences and I am not so dense to believe that mine is the only or right way.

I love, absolutely love that my trailer allows me to share the joy of camping/traveling/ outdoors with my kids now that annual backpacking trips are not feasible.

I also love that RV's each allow us to do it our own way.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #30

So difficult to advise on the perfect size. I think half the time my camper is too big, other times I wish it had another slideout, and more room. It really depends on the trip by trip details.

My parents are fine with their tiny little tear-drop camper that might as well be a coffin in my eyes, but they can tow it with a car if need be and it fits in a corner of their garage... it's 'cute' but not for me lol. That's one end of the spectrum.

In a perfect world, I'd have 2 campers. It's just my wife and I now but we like to go camping with friends sometimes, and that is when the bigger size really shines. If we didn't want to accommodate guests, I'd have a camper half the size, tow it a lot easier, get into far more places that are less 'parking lot' in appearance... and stress a lot less about parking it in front of my house for a few days, or even long term in my driveway. I likely will down-size just a tad for our next one for those reasons. Some of the camping we do, it can be challenging getting in and I know if we went any larger, it would eliminate +20% of the campgrounds we currently enjoy. Just 2 cents really because there's no right answer. I have no plans to full-time, but 'thanks to Covid' I can work from home anywhere in the country that has internet, so I do plan on using ours at least 30% of the time this year.

p.s. welcome to the site.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote