Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2016, 11:18 AM   #1

New Trailer Ordered!

We ordered our new 29RKS a couple of weeks ago. We are trading in our Whitehawk 24RKS which was ok except for the flush fit windows which do not provide much of a breeze. We mostly dry camp so good air flow is important. We really like the 29RKS with aluminum siding and traditional slide open windows. There is also much more room with the larger slide. Ordered it with the Elite package and aluminum wheels. Can't wait for spring! Anyone else have this model and any comment for or against?
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:39 AM   #2

We looked long and hard at RKS Jayco trailers. In the end, we opted for the RLS in part because it has two doors and offers adequate kitchen counter space. Like you, we have the aluminum siding, Elite pkg, and aluminum wheels.

We wondered about the air flow difference with flush windows, but until your post hadn't heard anyone say they noticed a difference. We also like the windows at the sides (front & back?) of the slide on the JayFlight for their additional light and air flow. The Whitehawks didn't have windows there.

We are very pleased. We towed it for many miles last season and plan to 'live' in it this season as campground hosts.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #3

HI All,
I do have the frameless Windows and have had no problem with ventilation. As a matter of fact we got stuck in a Tornado Watch last May in Nebraska and we sure were glad we got the Whitehawk instead of the one with aluminum siding. We had hail the size of fifty cent pieces smacking the side for about 45 minutes and hard. I thought for sure we'd have damage but only one smal. Ding in my truck. Lucked out.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #4

Our main complaint were the windows in the bed room. One was small and the other was the emergency escape window which does swing out farther than the small one. The bedroom was VERY stuffy. I rigged a fan that hung in front of the window that did bring in some air but not nearly enough. We had considered having a Fantastic fan installed in the bathroom to try and draw some air in through the open windows. We ran into a fellow owner at a camp ground with a Jayco with flush windows and they had the same complaint. Maybe it was just the particular model trailer. Either way, we decided on a bigger trailer so we ordered it with conventional siding and windows. Hopefully we will be happy.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

We added the fantastic Fan in the bathroom of our 27DSLR and it makes all the difference in the world. The fan is very quite and the breeze that comes through the windows makes all the difference.
SwimFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #6

Cross ventilation is exactly why we chose the aluminum with sliding windows over the fiberglass with tilt windows. At my seasonal site on Cape Cod, a cross breeze is a must unless I'm willing to run the A/C a lot more. I hear from owners here that ventilation is really not an issue with the frameless tilt windows but I didn't want to chance it, so we went with what we know. Hail isn't a real issue down the cape.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #7

We have a 2105 29RKS fiberglass with frameless windows. We absolutely love this trailer so far. It replaced our '04 24FB. We love all of the storage, the massive kitchen counter space and, best of all, the slide and the room it provides.
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 24FB (Sold)
1984 Jayco J-Series 1008 (Sold)

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #8

The wife and I actually found a 2015 29RKS at an RV show last spring and fell in love with it. At the time we were on the fence about trading, so our friends who were with us bought it. By the end of the camping season we were knocked off the fence

The tilt out windows are a personal choice I guess. I loved the looks of them and the fact that you can leave them open during a rain storm; they just didn't provide enough breeze for us.

The 29RKS is so much roomier than our 24RKS and we love the kitchen layout and counter size, not to mention the recliners. Can't wait until April!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:30 AM   #9

Rick56, kind of off topic but I see you are from Norwood...Wife and I went to college in Potsdam, She grew up in Canton and I grew up in Richville. Neat to see someone from so close by on here.

Ok back on topic...

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:30 AM   #10

@ Jhnbggs, beautiful setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote