Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

New Whitehawk

Very excited, we just pulled the trigger on a 2017 Whitehawk 28dsbh as an upgrade from our 2013 Jayflight 26bh (for sale!)

We wanted more space and really liked the layout and finish of the Whitehawk.

Does anyone have any experience with this trailer you can share?

Cheers!
therealsafetya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #2

I have a 2013 28dsbh. We love it but I do like the changes they have made in the newer models. When we bought it, it was my wife, myself and our daughter. We now have 19 month old twins so it a little tight now but not in the budget to upgrade although we keep looking. Unfortunately an upgrade would also mean an upgrade in the towing vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #3

We have a 2014 28DSBH and absolutely love it! Lots of storage, tows great and has all the features we wanted. Dbl bunks in back are great for our 12 and 15 year olds. Had very few issues over the past 3 seasons and we've towed it a lot. So far about 15,000 km's and plan on another 4,000+ this season. Currently it is in having the front cap repainted under warranty for fading issues. Jayco has been great and they have stood behind their product 100%. You've chosen a great trailer and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Congrats.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #4

We have a 2016 33 RSKS if we can be of any help?
NHstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsafetya View Post
Very excited, we just pulled the trigger on a 2017 Whitehawk 28dsbh as an upgrade from our 2013 Jayflight 26bh (for sale!)

Cheers!
Did you order one? If so, did the dealer give you any indication of when it would be arriving? We have one on order and it's supposed to be in end of April, beginning of May.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

We have a '16 WH 28DSBH and since August we've spent 25 nights (if I remember right) and done about 4,000 miles. Other than the Ranier tires that came on it and the Furrion DVD player quitting (warranty fixed), we're very happy with it. I replaced all 5 tires after we blew one in Little Rock and ruined a wheel. We went up to load range D Carlisles. Yours should come with the new US-made Goodyears so hopefully you will have good tires from the start. The storage under the bunks is a feature I didn't think about much but TTs are generally short on storage space, so every bit helps. That space is big enough that it helps a lot! Remember not to put really heavy stuff in it, though... gotta conserve that tongue weight. The inside storage is great. We are really enjoying ours and hope you'll like yours, too. Congrats and enjoy it!
Old 03-08-2017, 03:29 AM   #7

Congrats!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #8

Congrats! we just picked up our 2017 DSBH in December haven't camped in it yet but so far we love it! Ours came with these tires, I have no idea if they are any good, the furthest away we travel is about 3 hours...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0354.jpg  
Yapper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
Did you order one? If so, did the dealer give you any indication of when it would be arriving? We have one on order and it's supposed to be in end of April, beginning of May.
The dealer we bought from has two locations and happened to have ours in stock. We are getting it converted to dual 6v batteries and getting a slide topper installed. We pick it up March 31. Can't wait!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapper78 View Post
Congrats! we just picked up our 2017 DSBH in December haven't camped in it yet but so far we love it! Ours came with these tires, I have no idea if they are any good, the furthest away we travel is about 3 hours...
Ours has the Goodyear tire option, whatever that means!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 AM   #11

We have a 2016 28DSBH and love it also. Things we have done so far to make it "just right" include:
1. Swapping the lights over the bed to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The lights they use are WAY too bright for that location.
2. Group 24-31 battery box from Wally World with a Bepo battery cut-off internally mounted on the side.
3. An LED dimmer with fr remote for the awning LEDs. Also too bright when lounging. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
4. Slid spare tire mount away from water heater
5. Manually adjusted all brakes (they were set way too loose to self-adjust and were doing practically nothing)
6. Added some extra command hooks for towels in the bathroom.
7. Swapped the shower head
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really want to swap out the speakers for some Polk db651s. The stock system sounds super flat to me though I am not sure how much the furrion has to do with that.

Congrats and enjoy it!
seadeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsafetya View Post

Cheers!
Hi, we have the same trailer, one of the first 2017s so yours has a few nicer features (like better tires, for example). Just click my name to find posts on our experience with the trailer, and see the link to our photo album in the signature block, below - all of our mods are posted there. Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Hi, we have the same trailer, one of the first 2017s so yours has a few nicer features (like better tires, for example). Just click my name to find posts on our experience with the trailer, and see the link to our photo album in the signature block, below - all of our mods are posted there. Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!
Fantastic, thank you!