Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2021, 05:37 AM   #1

Newbie Buying a Jayflight 26bh/EXP213

Hi Im new to the Jayco Owners forums and I just wanted to ask about the 2015 Jayco Jayflight 26bh how is the quality etc and the 2008-2013 exp213 how is the quality on that model.

Thanks
sir_LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #2

Hi and welcome to JOF from SW Michigan!

Hope someone will see you post and comment. I know with most models, the quality can range from really good to really poor. I'll see if I can find some info on the models your asking about. But most times, in a forum, you'll get a lot of negative views. As for my 31bh, we are very pleased with the quality of the unit.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Our 2012 Jay Flight 19RD has proven to be built very well, and to date, trouble free. I'm believing the earlier year builds seem to be quite sound. That may or may not be the case in every model run, but just my thoughts.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:40 AM   #4

I found some info on the Jayflight 26bh and the owners were very pleased with the unit. Sorry, I didn't have time to look the other model or do a little more for the 26bh. But the best thing is to see them for yourself and can make a better determination of the quality and the features. Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for soon. Used trailers are going for a premium and being snatched up pretty quick from what I read.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:40 AM   #5

I've been very pleased with my 2011 26BH. It's had its problems, but nothing like the huge lists of problems I've seen here in the forum with some new units.

Some of the problems:

The oven burner never worked correctly, but since I can do without a gas oven, it's no problem. I could probably fix it easily with some replacement parts.

The water connections to the water heater started leaking. I was able to fix the problem myself with new fittings and pipe dope. Cheap fix. I've pulled my TT on some pretty rough roads that it probably wasn't designed to handle, so those vibrations probably were the cause.

The lower-front exterior skin section started pulling loose on both ends. I was able to reattach it.

The two sections of the vertical front trim are pulling away from the trailer at the lower ends. There may be some water damage that allowed the screws to pull loose. This one I need to check out soon, and will probably be able to repair it myself.

The nuts securing the mounting bolts around the bottom perimeter of the trailer were all loose soon after I purchased the trailer, but some wrenching fixed that one.

Bathroom skylight spontaneously began cracking, and leaked, luckily right into the bathtub. I bought a new, better quality exterior skylight on Amazon and replaced it myself.

Refrigerator, microwave, water heater (function), air conditioner and furnace have all worked perfectly. No problems with the AC or DC electrical circuits.

I've towed it something like 40,000 miles or so in the last 10 years, and replaced the entire brake assemblies, both axles and including brake drums one time due to wear.

I've been living it in full time for the last 7 years or so. Fridge has been running constantly all that time and maintains 10°F in freezer and 40° or below in the refrigerator.

I spent a couple days in an RV park in death valley, temperature 110, parked in full sun and the air conditioner kept the inside at 75° in the afternoon. It did not have to run constantly, either.

It's pretty small inside, with basically just an aisle for floorspace. I removed the folding couch to open things up a little not long after I bought the trailer (new purchase)

Hope that helps you out.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:13 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info but I missed out on this one I got beat by a better offer thought to get cheaper used Rv's these days
sir_LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #7

Welcome aboard!

Personally I would be less concerned about the original build quality, and focus on how the former owner maintained them. Water is any campers arch enemy!

I would closely look for water damage. Start with the roof caulking, inspect it. It is a good sign if you notice the roof caulking looks like a patch work. That means they have inspected and corrected any issues as they found them. Roof caulking I would guess starts to fail around 2-4 years old. This is normal. Personally, if you see Eternabond that is a good sign.

Other places to look for water damage, is under windows, cargo hold doors, water heater, and around the bathroom. The showers are very small, and it is very easy to get water all over the place. Also check around the wheel wheels. If a tire has blown, it is very easy to damage the wheel wheel.

I would inspect with a flashlight and open every cubby hole, and look for water issues. If you do not find any than I would be to concerned about the TT.

Last item, I do not recall when Jayco transitioned to the Magnum roof design. If I remember correctly the 2008 models have the old flat roof design. It is not uncommon around the AC unit for the roof to sag, and water to pool and leak in and cause rot. So inspect a flat roof TT a bit closer around the AC.

If the exterior walls are fiberglass, and see the outside wall buckling (delamination), anywhere, that is a sign of a water leak. I would strongly recommend running away.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote