Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #21

Will expand the tool kit I keep with me to match up all the sizes and things...took notes and asked lots of questions...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #22

Congrats on picking up the new rig!!!

Once the 26 is all loaded up and ready for a trip, double check the wdh adjustment. Chances are you will need to readjust the hitch due to the dealer setting it up to an empty trailer. If needed, follow the link in my signature for help.

Enjoy the new rig!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #23

Congrats on the new 26BH!! Nice looking set-up you have there!

Don't forget to post some pics of the interior as it has changed a bit since the '16s (stainless appliances and cabinet doors).

Enjoy and happy camping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #24

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #25

Camping in the yard!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #26

Don't go without the water pressure regulator. You will learn the rest as you go. What they gave you will work.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #27

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the pics! Kids must be pretty excited! What did you end up with for the weight distribution hitch? Probably pulled pretty nice with your truck. Congrats again and enjoy your night at camp driveway. We'll be doing camp driveway next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:03 AM   #28

Boy, I tell you what, this gets expensive! Haven't even taken the camper out of the yard and never imagined I'd spend this kind of money! LOL!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrusie View Post
Boy, I tell you what, this gets expensive! Haven't even taken the camper out of the yard and never imagined I'd spend this kind of money! LOL!

Yeah, I felt the same way. After a few trips, you'll have picked up everything you need and you'll stop feeling like you need something else.

Then next season you'll start seeing stuff in the Camping World ads and think, "hey, I wonder if I can use this…"
TrailerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #30

You learn quickly. This a pretty darn good list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhou View Post
Still a bit new at this but things I have learned the hard way on just a few trips out or from reading many many posts here. I've purchased many of the items in others posts here as well.

- extra sewer hose. Twice I've needed just a few feet more and had to move the trailer. Last time I could not move it enough and made a trip back to the local Wal Mart and bought another hose set. I now travel with 2 complete sets, the second one can be split into 2 sections.

- shop at Wal Mart. Most have a good selection and decent prices

- 90 degree connector for your water hose connection to the trailer. Keeps it from putting stress on the connection by sticking out and pulling down.

- outdoor carpet/rug for just outside your doors. I found one at Lowe's that is green, 8x8 and very very light, washable and helps keep some of the dirt from being tracked in. Makes a good "patio" area for just outside your door and covers the rocks, bugs, dirt under your lawn chairs.

- screen bug/wasp covers for your outside vents for furnace, frig and water heater. Wasps will go after them and build nests up inside. We have lots around our area so one of the first things I put on.

- 50Amp adapter. Mine uses a 30Amp service but have been warned that sometimes the 30Amp may be damaged or not working.

- water filter and as others have said, keep your fresh water hose away from the other hoses and screw the ends together when storing.

- leveling blocks. I bought a set but don't have enough experience to know good ones from bad ones.

- cordless drill for putting your stabilizing jacks up and down. Saves time, especially if it's hot and the bugs are fierce and it's late, etc... Will need to rig up a metal shaft with socket on the end. Not hard to do.

- 90 degree broom with extending handle to brush off the top of your slide out, if you have one. Lots of stuff can accumulate on top of it in just a few days under the trees.

- collapsing ladder or light ladder to get on roof, reach top of slide out to sweep it off. Mine does not have a ladder built onto it, yours may have one.

- I just bought a tongue weight scale. Not a cheap item but seems a handy thing to have. Used it for the first time today to verify my tongue weight.

- tire ramp for changing flat on trailers with tandem axles. Can't recall the name of it but it's a ramp that allows you to pull the trailer up on it to lift the flat tire off the ground. Folks I've talked to say it is a lifesaver and much better than trying to jack up one side of the trailer to change a flat. Not sure if yours is a single or tandem axle trailer.

- i purchased a trailer valet for moving my trailer by hand. It's an expensive item but I needed it to maneuver my trailer in my drive.

That's my short list of add on items so far.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #31

Ram Trucks -Towing Guides - 5 Questions to find the right truck

We love our Ram. My brain hurts after reading all this. LOL.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhou View Post
- 50Amp adapter. Mine uses a 30Amp service but have been warned that sometimes the 30Amp may be damaged or not working.

I once stopped in the middle of no where, TX and stayed the night at a small campground run by the gas station near the highway. They only had 50 amp outlets. I was really happy I had the adapter, once I found it!
TrailerScott is offline   Reply With Quote